ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Sharing Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jacob123

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Sharing Experience

Post by Jacob123 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Dear members, Sharing experiences on the day when my dependents went to submit application to the VFS Pune, India for Tier 1 General Dependent Visa.

1. Upon reaching the VFS at the scheduled time of appointment......VFS refused to take the Bank draft as the bank draft had a spelling correction made by the bank. Bank had written Cimmission instead of Commission. My wife had noticed this while making the draft and asked the bank to give a separate bank draft, however the bank official from State Bank of India corrected the spelling and put a seal and signature and mentioned that this shd be enough as they handle cases like this every day. However the VFS officer refused to take those drafts. This may be as per the instruction they have hence I can not fault them. However bank officials made the correction, signed it and also put a seal and assured that there shd be no problem hence this was quite disturbing
2. My wife then went to the bank and got the drafts made again for all 3 dependents. Bank officers cooperated and replaced the drafts not accepted by VFS
3.My dependents then went to the VFS center again the same day couple of hours later......as the appointment time had passed they waited for the turn in the non appointment queue..........this time the draft was accepted. However in the counter where documents are checked........the gentleman mentioned that they need a no objection letter from the main applicant. My wife mentioned that this is not written in any of the guidelines and the gentleman replied that the visa may be rejected due to this. As cell phone usage is not allowed from inside VFS, my wife came out and called me. As we did not want to take any chances I sent a mail to my wife's mail id that I have no objection....The no objection was addressed to The British High Commission as suggested by the VFS officer.....she went to a near by cyber cafe and took the mail print and went to VFS again
4. All went fine this time..............however this time the VFS officer refused to take photocopy of all originals..........I had clearly mentioned my wife to submit all the documents so she insisted but they did not take the photocopies. My wife submitted all the application forms and came out. When she called me and mentioned that VFS officer did not take the photocopy mentioning it is not required I got worried and asked her to go back to VFS and submit it again. When she went she was told that they will not accept it now………….then upon insisting she was told that time is up and she shd come after 1 hour i.e after the break……………my wife persuaded finally the guard went inside and one officer came and my wife gave the photocopies which was accepted………………just to let members know one of my friend had similar experiences where his wife was returned the originals at the VFS counter and later the application was rejected mentioning that they are not submitted, From all logic looks like it shd be ok even without the photocopy but I did not want to take any chances hence we insisted.

Today we received the passport with approved visa.

This experience might not be relevant to all locations, however still wanted to share the experience. The main point is that we shd be very sure about the documents that needs to be submitted and the guidelines.In addition everyone shd be aware that there shd be no overwriting in the bank draft to avoid inconvenience and God only knows from where that no objection letter originated. It is not mentioned in any guidelines published by the home office.The VFS officer may have suggested this with good intentions but still all these running around at the last moment is something we could have easily avoided.

Cheers,
Jacob,
Last edited by Jacob123 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Subbarao

Post by Subbarao » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:25 am

Congrats dude. have a nice time.

thanks for sharing. it really helps others.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:03 am

congrats jacob and many thanks for all your help

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 am

Biju, I was traveling hence did not login to this site for couple of days. Congratulations to you too.

Cheers,
Jacob
Bijuk wrote:congrats jacob and many thanks for all your help

susheel

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Sharing Experience

Post by susheel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm

CONGRATES Jacob...

Susheel