ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS question - can i show 2 certificates?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmeehh
Newly Registered

IELTS question - can i show 2 certificates?

Post by mmeehh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello,

I have to extend my student visa in September. I have very good English, but I get very stressed in exams and struggle with the IELTS exam. I need band 4.0 in all modules (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to extend my visa.

So far I have taken the exam 2 times.

The first time, I got Listening 3.5, Reading 3.5, Writing 5.0, Speaking 6.0.
The second time I got Listening 4.0, Reading 2.0, Writing 5.5, Speaking 6.0. So obviously the Reading is a problem. I am so shocked by the 2.0, cos I though the exam was good. It might be a mistake, I don't know.

Now I'm doing IELTS again in 2 weeks. If I get the required 4.0 in Reading, but for some crazy reason I get below 4.0 in another module, would I be able to submit two IELTS certificates and show that over 2 sittings, I got above 4.0 in all modules?

I have read the Tier 4 policy and it doesnt say anywhere that the IELTS Reading 4.0, Listening 4.0, Speaking 4.0, Writing 4.0 must be in one sitting. It doesnt give any information.

I have already got the required funds in my account, ready to go on with my course, this is the only problem. Thank you:)

sainijk
Newly Registered

Post by sainijk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

No, you can't.