ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FAMILY PERMIT HELP AND DOUBT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonman

FAMILY PERMIT HELP AND DOUBT

Post by londonman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm Mexican, married now with an EEA national (Finland). I was in the UK from Mar,10-Oct,10. In September I got into a relationship with her and we were deeply in love. We kept in touch everyday since I came back to Mexico. In Jan,11 I wanted to come back to the UK to live with her as a couple (I don't need a visa to get into the country) but I was denied to Entry to the country because I had some problems with the ECO, they found in my baggage some cvs that showed I worked illegally there and missunderstanding I was overstayed too. I couldn't get there and I was removed to my country. After that (next day after they removed me), my girl (now wife) came to Mexico and we got married here (Feb,'11), she was here in Mexico for 1 month and we had our honeymoon here and everything that. She came back to the UK and went to see an advisor and told her everything. I've just applied for my EEA Family Permit on 21 Jun and I've received the first email telling me they opened my package bla bla bla. I'm still waiting for the 2nd mail. Do you think they give me the permit?? was that too serious to be a reason and refuse the permit? Why the FP is taking too much time if we are under EU laws?? It would be faster than other applicants!!!

My wife is a 'qualifed person' there, she is an english teacher and has been working since May 2010. I gave them these documents with my application (I'm not working or studing now, my parents are supporting me financially):

-Photocopy of my wife's finnish passport
-Letter from me saying sorry for all and explaining all the situation now.
-Letter from my wife explaining everything and saying we want to be together and start a family.
-Letter from my dad saying: he knows her, he met my wife when she was here and ours is not a convenience marriage, also saying he can support me financially there in case I need it.
-Letter from my wife's mom saying the same as my father's one.
-Marriage certificate
-Dad's bank statements from 6 months ago
-My wife's bank statements from 6 months ago too
-My bank statements from 3 months ago
-All my wife's flat docs (teenacy agreement, landlord's letter, bills, council's things, etc.)
-My wife'sP60 form
-My wife's job contract
-My wife's payslips from 6 months ago
-MSN chats between Oct 2010-May 2011 (daily chats)
-Photos of us (in London before I came to Mexico, our wedding, honeymoon and all our activities while she was here)
-Emails, phone bills (calling to her from here), and some postcards she sent me
-Evidence (university letter, academic record, ID student card) I was not 'overstay' there
-Bank document from Finland showing my wife has inherited some funds from her grandma (near 31000 euros)

We also said on the application form we used an advisor in this process.

Thank so much for your help, just wanna be with her!!!
Thank you very much.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 pm

You already got a reply here for the exact same post.
For time schedule for visa processing see here. If you applied in Mexico City, then a decision is usually made within 30 days. I suggest you contact the consulate to check on the status of the application.

londonman

Post by londonman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm

So sorry, just wanna be sure, cos only one forum's member replied it!!

I suggest you contact the consulate to check on the status of the application.[/quote]

Thanks Jambo. Bue the UKBA on their email told me:

"We regret we are unable to respond to status enquiries. Further information on our services is available at www.visainfoservices.com Sincerely,UK Border Agency, New York"

so how can I check my status??

thanks!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Where did you apply?

londonman

Post by londonman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Jambo wrote:Where did you apply?
Mexico City, but they have to send the docs to New York, then they make the decissions there!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 pm

You can contact WorldBridge by email here or call the consulate in New York on (212) 745-0200 (Not sure they will give you information over the phone).

londonman

Post by londonman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Jambo wrote:You can contact WorldBridge by email here or call the consulate in New York on (212) 745-0200 (Not sure they will give you information over the phone).
Thanks so much!! I will phone them.
About my situation, what do you can tell me?? I am afraid to be refused because my 'old' problems with the borders.

Thanks!!

NasEEA2
Newly Registered

UK Citizen returing to the UK with Non-EEA unmarried partner

Post by NasEEA2 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi guys,
I am about to send my EEA2 to Liverpool, but have a few questions if any of you would be kind enough to answer or give me advice.

I have accumulated a large amount of documents for my application, but was wondering if I am about to send too much. I would certainly be intimidated if I received all my documents! Any hints from successful applicants?

Applying as unmarried partners, as long as we can show that we were in the same household, we do not need to show dependance. Is this correct?

My UK partner is returning to settle in the UK to study. He was exercising his Treaty rights working in France for 2 years. I guess I should just include the France part of his life in section 5 rather than his future studies in section 7, to highlight that he was exercising his rights before returning (I hope this is clear Confused ).

Finally, we have many photos which we could include. When we did the Family Permit in Paris, they took them but seemed to say they did not need them. Should we include them this time anyway? Trying to keep the documents we send to the right amount, not too many but not too little.

Thank you all for help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

londonman wrote:Thanks so much!! I will phone them.
About my situation, what do you can tell me?? I am afraid to be refused because my 'old' problems with the borders.
Thanks!!
It doesn't really matter what I say. It is what they decide that matters.....

Your past history should not affect your application under EU rules. The only issue might be if they suspect this is a sham marriage (marriage for the purpose of immigration). Just relax and wait. If they refuse your application, apply again or appeal with evidence against their refusal reason.

Instead of speculating, talk to them.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: UK Citizen returing to the UK with Non-EEA unmarried par

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:08 pm

NasEEA2 wrote:Hi guys,
I am about to send my EEA2 to Liverpool, but have a few questions if any of you would be kind enough to answer or give me advice.

I have accumulated a large amount of documents for my application, but was wondering if I am about to send too much. I would certainly be intimidated if I received all my documents! Any hints from successful applicants?

Applying as unmarried partners, as long as we can show that we were in the same household, we do not need to show dependance. Is this correct?

My UK partner is returning to settle in the UK to study. He was exercising his Treaty rights working in France for 2 years. I guess I should just include the France part of his life in section 5 rather than his future studies in section 7, to highlight that he was exercising his rights before returning (I hope this is clear Confused ).

Finally, we have many photos which we could include. When we did the Family Permit in Paris, they took them but seemed to say they did not need them. Should we include them this time anyway? Trying to keep the documents we send to the right amount, not too many but not too little.

Thank you all for help.
It is better to open a new thread and not hijack others'.
Last edited by Jambo on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

londonman

Post by londonman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Jambo wrote:
londonman wrote:Thanks so much!! I will phone them.
Thanks!!
It doesn't really matter what I say. It is what they decide that matters.....

Your past history should not affect your application under EU rules. The only issue might be if they suspect this is a sham marriage (marriage for the purpose of immigration). Just relax and wait. If they refuse your application, apply again or appeal with evidence against their refusal reason.

Instead of speculating, talk to them.

Cheers!!!