ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL Processing Time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Taha_rig
Newly Registered

NTL Processing Time

Post by Taha_rig » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Can someone tell me how long it takes to transfer ILR stamp from an old passport to a new passport?

The UKBA received all the documents on the 11th of July 2011. 13th of July a letter was send to us stating its been passed to the case worker and we still have heard anything.

When I read some of the replies here it worries me as it may take much as 14 weeks or 6 months. Is that true?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Any specific reason you want to transfer the ILR? It is still valid in your old expired passport. Just need to travel with the old and new together.

Taha_rig
Newly Registered

NTL Processing Time

Post by Taha_rig » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 pm

The old passport expired and thought for hassel free travel it may be best to transfer the stamp.