ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherland-right to work for non EU spouse of Irish Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Netherland-right to work for non EU spouse of Irish Citizen

Post by Xanadu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:07 am

Hi - I am a non EU national, resident in Ireland with my Irish wife and Irish child. I have a potential job offer in Amsterdam. Is it possible for me to take up the job offer as a spouse of an EU citizen ? My wife will not be working there. Is it similar to applying for a EEA FP for UK (which can be applied for in advance here in Ireland as a sticker on the passport, and then apply for residence card while in the UK) ? Can anyone help on this please. Thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:59 am

Yes as long as you are there in the Netherlands as a family. Your wife would need to be considered self sufficient and likely be required to have particular health insurance. You could then apply for a Residence Card and work.

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Post by Xanadu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:13 pm

thanks for both your replies. Can I ask a few more questions :
- how do I get into the country (first entry) ? Do I apply for a tourist visa move there and after my wife registers herself- I apply for a resident permit (as it works with the UK EEA FP)
- can I only start working after I get my resident permit (how long does it take)
- what does 'self sufficient' really mean, bank balance in Ireland will work ? any idea what kind of money we are talking about ?

thanks again

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:20 pm

What country are you from?

You should also read through http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/ci ... nt_low.pdf

Xanadu
Newly Registered

Post by Xanadu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 pm

Indian citizen, been living in Ireland since 2008, currently on stamp4