ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acerboy
Newly Registered

Date of Statement

Post by acerboy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:01 pm

I am gonna apply in Person for my PSW visa. Looking at the guidance regarding the funds, I observed it says that the bank statements must show the "date of the statement". I have my orignal bank statements from HSBC which only shows the duration of the statement (e.g 18th May to 17th June 2011). I am really confused because I dont know whether they mean the the date of issue of the statement or the the dates covering a certain period of time.

acerboy
Newly Registered

Post by acerboy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:22 pm

Can anyone please guide me regarding the "Date of the Statement" on the bank statement.Its really worrying me because i have got my appointment for this week.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:28 pm

unless you can prove that the statement was taken out in july.... the case worker would look at the last transaction date and work backwards for 90 days....

that last transaction date MUST be within a calendar month from the date of application.

clearly yours isnt.

so try to find the covering letter etc. that would prove you got the statement in last few days... otherwise you are staring at refusal!

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:36 am

acerboy wrote:Can anyone please guide me regarding the "Date of the Statement" on the bank statement.Its really worrying me because i have got my appointment for this week.
u r worrying too much bro, it means, the time duration it covers,
it doesnt matter when u receive ur statment.i know it takes 2 to 3 days to get ur bank statment through post. if ur bank statmet covers 3 month then u r fine.

acerboy
Newly Registered

Post by acerboy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:32 pm

arsenal49 wrote:unless you can prove that the statement was taken out in july.... the case worker would look at the last transaction date and work backwards for 90 days....

that last transaction date MUST be within a calendar month from the date of application.

clearly yours isnt.

so try to find the covering letter etc. that would prove you got the statement in last few days... otherwise you are staring at refusal!
I was just giving an example regarding the may-june dates.Actually I have statements until 18th July and my appointment date is 5th Aug.But thanks to both of you for the info.