ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa cancellation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meritocrat
Newly Registered

Dependant visa cancellation

Post by meritocrat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

i was wondering if u could shed a light on the following situation: i currently have Tier 1 visa with a spouse & children on dependent visas. Unfortunately, the marriage has broken down & divorce is likely. I am struggling to maintain a family financially & since my spouse wants to stay in the UK & refusing to leave, the divorce process might take some time during which i may not be able to support them due to financial difficulties. Is it possible to let UK Border Agency know i no longer wish to support them & what happens if i do so?

Thanks in advance !

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Is it possible to let UK Border Agency know i no longer wish to support them & what happens if i do so?
It is indeed possible for you to let UKBA know the marriage has broken down. However no way do you have anything like a veto over your spouse remaining in the UK. What action, if any, UKBA take is totally down to them.
John