ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should Weekend days be discounted or not

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angela Jiang

Should Weekend days be discounted or not

Post by Angela Jiang » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi:

Does any of you know if weekend days should be discounted or not?

Any one found the clarification in the Rules?

I have a business trip of 102 days at one stretch, but suddently I realise if discounting all the weekend days, it is only 72 days, can I do that? :lol:

Angela[/b]

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:17 pm

No you can't. However, you don't need to include the day of departure from the UK or the day you arrived back.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

than you for your reply!

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 am

Business days are not counted in the 180 days rule. As long as it was for a pure business reason OR business + annual leave.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:59 am

chosenaik wrote:Business days are not counted in the 180 days rule. As long as it was for a pure business reason OR business + annual leave.

Thank you, but I would like to correct people who has the similar thought.That my problem is this particular trip is more than 90 days, so, techinically they should not accept that because the rules said any trip should not be more than 90 days, which means even Business Trip should not be more than 90 days at 1 stretch.

However, the solution is given by succesful applicant's experience. We can prove the prelonged trip is absolutly necessary by giving a company letter, and the reason has to be very clear explained to officer that why we need to stay for that long and why it is a "necessary".

My original question was a bit cheecky I know.