ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10yrs Long Residence Supporting Documents List

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hunter007
Newly Registered

ILR 10yrs Long Residence Supporting Documents List

Post by Hunter007 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi All,
I'm applying for ILR 10yrs next week 10th Aug by Royal Mail Special Next Day Delivery.
My UK Visa history is Student Visa (6yrs) + WP (3yrs) + Tier4 Student presently (1yr & counting).
I had a question about what all supporting documents I should include along with the application form.
So far i've decided that I will include nothing extra apart from what they have requested -
1. Completed Form, 2 photos based on thier requirement
2. Cheque payment £972
3. Passport & Current Biometric Id which has all 10 yrs Uk visa history
4. Enclosed Cover Letter including a table with my list of absences which show the dates leaving & returning to the UK for each absence, page numbers in my passport for visa stamps along side each of these absences, number of days absent for each trip. Then I have indicated the total number of days out of the UK and the agregate comes to 8 months 13 days and all absences are less than 6 months at any one time.
5. Also, all my visa extensions in the last 10+ yrs have been in-time extensions so no drama there. Shall I make a table for all the dates my Uk visas were granted and extended throughout the 10 yrs showing the in-time continuity in the cover letter as well or is that not necessary?
6. Original Life in the UK test Certf
7. 1 x Photocopy of Life in the UK Certf, all pages of passport and biometric id
8. Please indicate if I have missed anything else?

I have few other questions which are next to the guidelines highlighted in bold below on other supporting docus required if any?

According to UKBA website -
Requirements for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom

276B. The requirements to be met by an applicant for indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence in the United Kingdom are that:
(i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom; (YES - passport, biometric card, anything else?)
(ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:
(a) age; (I'm 31 so spent last 10yrs here) and
(b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom (what do they mean?, i'm on a tier 4 stusent visa now, don't own a house, just rent and i'm the only one here with no relatives or anything); and
(c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record (i'm a single male and no criminal record etc, do I need to attach anything in particular?, I have a valid CRB disclosure document from my last part time job as a student which is still valid, but I don't think i'll attach it, coz they've not asked for anything like that; and employment wise i'm now a Tier 4 student and i've included my National Insurance number in the form, i've never overworked hours or abused the rules and history of my previous Work Permit is already available to them as evident in the SAR documents they sent me, so I don't need to attach anything for that either, right?)
(d) domestic circumstances what do they mean by this and what docu evidence to support this if any?; and
(e) compassionate circumstances (what do they mean?) ; and
(f) any representations received on the person's behalf (what do they mean?, do i need any and if yes what exactly? ; and

Also, i've never done any voluntary work here, so can't attach any evidence for that, does that matter in deciding my application?

(iii) the applicant does not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. (none whatsoever so all clear here)
(iv) the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom, unless he is under the age of 18 or aged 65 or over at the time he makes his application. (all clear here as attaching the Life in the UK certf)

I'd be very grateful for all your replies and advise and thanks for bearing with my long message if you made it this far :)

Kind regards,
Hunter

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Hunter007 to be honest you don't even need a covering letter unless there's something unclear or confusing in your case.

I personally think your case is quite straight forward and don't know why you wish to mention again, in your covering letter, info about your absence and previous LTR (visa) grant dates if your passports are showing overlapping visa grant dates and also UK entry and exit stamps.
I had a question about what all supporting documents I should include along with the application form.
All your passports, Biometric card, original LITUK pass letter, 2 photographs, SET(o) form and the correct fee. Also copies of all these documents.
Shall I make a table for all the dates my Uk visas were granted and extended throughout the 10 yrs showing the in-time continuity in the cover letter as well or is that not necessary?
You dont have to as the case worker will have all the application raised dates on their database. You may include a summary page from your SAR file showing all your application raised dates confirming no gaps and give its reference in your covering letter.
Please indicate if I have missed anything else?
No. Anything else you add in your application is not mandatory. I have recently applied for ILR under the same catagory and you can check what extra information I sent along with my application.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:58 pm

I have similar circumstances, I have 3 questions

1. I don't have any criminal record/history. Do I need to attach CRB certificate with application?

2. Do I need to attached current employment letter as I am employed?
3. Do I need to supply Tax statements?

Many thanks,
Sheeda

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Bump! Anyone?