ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejected? I am still happy.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keshav

Rejected? I am still happy.

Post by Keshav » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:39 pm

My application was rejected and papers are hanging up, chances for review is getting thinner, but still happy I am. Just one thing I am praying is back for my documents.

I had used HSMP because my country was severly trapped in socio-political armed conflict. Life was not secured at that time when I applied but luckily the conflict seems over now, conflicting parties are joining hands and door for lot of growing possibilities are open for me.

I work for UK govt project in a senior position. My wife also works in a senior posion here for an UK INGO. I have money, friends circle, respect and nationwide recognition in my profession and my competitors are quite handful here. I might have to face very hard times to gain all these in UK. I am earning 10K GBP annually here and 1K is more than enough for a higher middile class lifestyle. I came to know from commuications that the saving scanerio will not be much diffirent for beginners in UK even they are lucky enough to get a good job.

Of course I loose 315 GBP but I perceive this is an investment for learning. Unfortunately, I came to know about this site just after dispatching my application. Just one mistake I did was, I did not explained my and my wife's work experience in detail and just attached contract papers and job descriptions assuming that it will be self-explanatory or in case of need they might contact my employer. Sorry to say, HO people are not that much favourative, otherwise decision in my case would have been different.

I learnt lot from this board and minutely realised the mistakes where I did. I am quite sure that now I can give hard times to the case workers to reject my application if I wish to attempt. Another GBP 315 .... ha...ha...ha... anyway, it is still cheaper than the consultant's cost.

I feel that HO wants to avoid skilled migrants from South Asia region. One ill mannered HO guy was frequently saying me "paki" over phone, that strongly smells facial. I politely told him that all South Asians are not "pakies" and even being "paki" is not a crime, is it? Many "pakis" are contributing to UK economy.

Yes guys, sometimes the negative result happens for betterment as well. Be positive. I still have to do a lot for my country. Of course, my attempt for HSMP was for exposure in UK but that I think is not a big deal if you wish later.

Thanks to all who guided me during the tough time.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

rely

Re: Rejected? I am still happy.

Post by rely » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:34 am

Keshav wrote:My application was rejected and papers are hanging up, chances for review is getting thinner, but still happy I am. Just one thing I am praying is back for my documents.

I had used HSMP because my country was severly trapped in socio-political armed conflict. Life was not secured at that time when I applied but luckily the conflict seems over now, conflicting parties are joining hands and door for lot of growing possibilities are open for me.

I work for UK govt project in a senior position. My wife also works in a senior posion here for an UK INGO. I have money, friends circle, respect and nationwide recognition in my profession and my competitors are quite handful here. I might have to face very hard times to gain all these in UK. I am earning 10K GBP annually here and 1K is more than enough for a higher middile class lifestyle. I came to know from commuications that the saving scanerio will not be much diffirent for beginners in UK even they are lucky enough to get a good job.

Of course I loose 315 GBP but I perceive this is an investment for learning. Unfortunately, I came to know about this site just after dispatching my application. Just one mistake I did was, I did not explained my and my wife's work experience in detail and just attached contract papers and job descriptions assuming that it will be self-explanatory or in case of need they might contact my employer. Sorry to say, HO people are not that much favourative, otherwise decision in my case would have been different.

I learnt lot from this board and minutely realised the mistakes where I did. I am quite sure that now I can give hard times to the case workers to reject my application if I wish to attempt. Another GBP 315 .... ha...ha...ha... anyway, it is still cheaper than the consultant's cost.

I feel that HO wants to avoid skilled migrants from South Asia region. One ill mannered HO guy was frequently saying me "paki" over phone, that strongly smells facial. I politely told him that all South Asians are not "pakies" and even being "paki" is not a crime, is it? Many "pakis" are contributing to UK economy.

Yes guys, sometimes the negative result happens for betterment as well. Be positive. I still have to do a lot for my country. Of course, my attempt for HSMP was for exposure in UK but that I think is not a big deal if you wish later.

Thanks to all who guided me during the tough time.
Yes.I have also heard a lot about facial discrimination from these so called case workers.
Not all brits are facial but the bad legacy (genes) will take generation to die down.
Sometimes I wonder how these people from a small island called britian ruled the Great Asian subcontinent.

Rely

otun

Post by otun » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:02 am

Pally,
I sympathise with you.it is very sad to hear all the story.come to think of it, Do tou blame them? is it not the bad leaders due to greed mismanage the asia,african wealth? us is great today bcos of their diversity, honesty and most importantly, population. how many are the brits? if we africans and asia put our house in other, they suppose to be our servant, slaves in the sense that we have natural resources, which they need. but surely nature will reverse the case! it may take time. note that whatever revolution failed to achieve, evolution will do.....

brother, take hearth and i pray you'll get your docs back in other.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:48 am

Yes, I agree with you Otun. However, we should make our heart broad. I know majority of brits are very nice. I have worked under British supervisors who set my career milestones. Exception should not be referred as an example.

Of course we should reflect ourselves on the mirror of history. Who created such miserable potrait of ours in the international community? Definately as you said, being self-critical, the blame first goes to our bad and greed mismanaged leaders. We believe that UK is a highly civilised society but sometimes it hurts us if misbehaved even though it is an exception.

Let us be open minded. Of course as you said, we are rich at least in natural resources and manners. Anyone cannot behave beyond their own vision and most importantly, beyond their culture limits. So, I accepted that it is just an exception. Dear friend, take it easy.

Harsh words not necessarily always stronger than politeness. Spread love, not hate.
but tough people do....

chealseaforlife
Newly Registered

Post by chealseaforlife » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:39 am

Dont let down your guard by confusing "politeness for niceness". As an immigrant you equally need to polite, careful and smart to really survive.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:38 am

I agree. Survival is hard but I can not compromise everything for it. Anyway guys, you may know better than me how to act, deal and survive in UK. I have zero experience on that.
but tough people do....