ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 - Is it mandatory?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasiter

P60 - Is it mandatory?

Post by wasiter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi all,

I will be applying for ILR for my wife in 3 weeks time...

She came in WP and worked for one company for the last 5 years...Now,

does she need to produce P60?.. because, we don't have one...it's not that we didn't get...we have received it...but, don't know where it is in the home..Hence, i want to prepare for the worst case where there is no P60..then what happens to the ILR application?

Advice plz

Thanks

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Read the FAQs or search the forum. This has been answered hundreds of time.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: P60 - Is it mandatory?

Post by khalidmirza » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 pm

wasiter wrote:Hi all,

does she need to produce P60?.. because, we don't have one...it's not that we didn't get...we have received it...but, don't know where it is in the home..Hence, i want to prepare for the worst case where there is no P60..then what happens to the ILR application?

Advice plz

Thanks
Please contact HMRC and you can get all five years tax statement which is acceptable in lieu of P60

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:44 pm

wasiter wrote:Hi all,

Advice plz

Thanks
I have searched this topic myself and none of the thread has any clear answer. Contacting HMRC does not help - there are various rules.. particularly around secondment where HMRC has no detail - more true for cases till 3 years back..

The answer to your question is NO. Not only it is not mandatory, it is not even asked for nowadays. There was a time when ILR guidance demanded P60 as evidence and since then people are carrying this concpt.

However, since your case is different and you know you got it.. follow the advise and conatct HMRC and get one - will give you peace of mind.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Contacting HMRC does not help - there are various rules.. particularly around secondment where HMRC has no detail - more true for cases till 3 years back..

The answer to your question is NO. Not only it is not mandatory, it is not even asked for nowadays. There was a time when ILR guidance demanded P60 as evidence and since then people are carrying this concept.
I hope what you are saying is still relevant today. I am going to make an ILR application in just a few days & my previous employment was a secondment for which my previous employer has not given me any P60, P45 or Statement of earnings, only net figures shown on the payslips, no tax or NI contributions available on payslips.

HR mentioned that for MNCs to bring temporary staff to work for up to 3 years in the UK there were some exemptions provided by HMRC for NI & Income Tax. I don't have much details on these exemptions.

I showed these payslips to my solicitor & he did not see anything unusual with this. He mentioned many MNCs were allowed this till few years ago. Now entire pay needs to be paid in UK salary with tax & NI contributions reflected on the payslips.