ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa file

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qawallified
Newly Registered

visa file

Post by qawallified » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:01 am

hi guys, i've got to the stage where i'm ready to send my visa file off to my partner in Pakistan. i just wanted to know, is there any particular file i should send all my documents in or will any file do? also, is there a standard contents page or index page that i can get to add to my visa file or should i just type one up myself? if there is any other information regarding the preparation of the visa file that i should know about please let me know...also if this topic is discussed elsewhere on these forums please kindly direct me to them threads...thanks in advance...

wassap

Post by wassap » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 am

Have a read of the 600 odd page thread below bud, lots of us who have gone through this process already!
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

May_2
Newly Registered

Post by May_2 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi,

This is my 1st post giving advice (2nd post overall) so plz plz double check what I say as I dont want to give wrong info.

I have been through the 600 odd page thread (no mean feat!!) and my head is still buzzing from it! There is alot of great advice and posts, its just a pity its buried under so much pages, however I did see one post that I think gives clear advice on how to present, ive copy and pasted the post below, its by batleykhan. Its on page 252 of the thread. Other than that there is a debate of treasury tags and paper clips and if plastic wallets are allowed, going on throughout the early pages, lol. Hope this helps.

[ batleykhan Moderator
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all those inquiring about the contents and presentation of the application, I suggest you put the sheet " list of attached documents"at the top, followed by the application form, followed by the applicants documents and then put the sponsors document at the bottom.

Punch one hole in the top left hand corner of all the document ( except passport and NIC card) and then use a short tag to hold all the documents together.

This would enable the ECO to look through easily and without having to separate the documents.

On the list of attache documents, each document should be numbered like AK1 (initials of applicant followed by number).This number then should be written on those small colored stickers which you should then put on the bottom right hand corner.Both should correspond with each other.

This will make it easier for the ECO to look through and by looking at the list at the top, he will know where the relevant doc is in the pack.

A well presented application form with the correct and proper documents usually ends in a successful outcome.

I would strongly advise the sponsor and applicant does this and please please please dont use those agents in Pakistan or let them look through your documents, as its almost certainly will result in receiving incorrect advise or documents goes missing.

Hopefully in the future I am going to put all the documents, samples and templates of all the documents together in an a guidance note and file, which will help people to put the files together themselves without the need to pay unscrupulous agents or some-solicitors here in UK who charge up-to £200 to do something you can do yourself.

qawallified
Newly Registered

Post by qawallified » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 am

hey..thanks may_2 i appreciate it...sometimes you just dont have the time to go through a 600 page thread and even when you do, by the end of it your even more confused. would love it if one of the moderators or a qualified person just made a simple guide explaining what to do,it would make everyone's life a lot easier...

the advice from batleykhan is very good, he (or she?) helped me with a few questions before, was extremely helpful. does anyone know if batleykhan actually got around to making this...

"Hopefully in the future I am going to put all the documents, samples and templates of all the documents together in an a guidance note and file, which will help people to put the files together themselves without the need to pay unscrupulous agents or some-solicitors here in UK who charge up-to £200 to do something you can do yourself."

if so, please kindly direct me to where i can get a copy of this...thanks again...

May_2
Newly Registered

Post by May_2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:18 am

No worries, Batley Khan did make the infamous guide, Its very helpful. Here's the link, you just have to scroll down to his post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=4320 [/url]

Or if you read any of his recent posts, then the link is also provided just below his text. :)

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 pm

One bit of advise my hubby and I were given, was not to put in too much...

What i mean is, make sure not to supply endless documentation, when you have already supplied what is required. You don't want the ECO to miss something that is vital.

:D

Wishing you all the best!!
Alhamdulilah for habibi..

Submitted: 19/05/2011
Recieved at BHC (Cairo): 23/05/2011
Call from BHC (verifying details): 08/08/2011
With Courier (24hr): 24/08/2011
**VISA GRANTED**: 25/08/2011
(Waiting time: 71 working days/ 14 weeks)