ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of stay in pakistan after being granted a uk visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johndfu987av
Newly Registered

Length of stay in pakistan after being granted a uk visa

Post by johndfu987av » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 pm

hi,

I'm new to these forums and was wonder if anyone could help. I helped sponsor my wife from Pakistan to the UK. We received the good news a few days ago that she has been granted a UK spouse visa for 27 months.

She wants to stay in Pakistan for another 30 days and then come over here. Would like to know how long she can stay in Pakistan or should she come to the UK immediately. I cant seem to find any information on the UK border website.

any help would be greatly appreciated

kindest regards

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

No, she doesn't have to travel immediately.

The only thing to consider when delaying travel is that the spouse visa should be valid for 27 months. If your wife travels more than 3 months after the issue date, then she may have to extend her leave in the UK again before she qualifies for ILR after 2 years.

If she travels a very long time after the visa issue date, then an Immigration Officer may ask her to provide evidence that her circumstances have not changed (i.e. you're still married, can support her etc.).

If the delay is only 30 days, then you should be fine. Just check the start date of her visa and base your calculations on that.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:04 pm

No problem at all. Your wife has 3 months to enter. Even if her departure was delayed further she would still be able to enter on her visa, but would have to apply for an extension towards the end of her 27 month stay to fill the gap.
Ramadan Mubarek
Edit: Kitty beat me too it, but explained it far better! :wink:

johndfu987av
Newly Registered

many thanks

Post by johndfu987av » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

thanks for the replies, they were really helpful and my wife has decided to come over in a months time after eid. I wanted to ask if she has to stay in the uk continuosly for 2 years to get the ILR or can she travel back to pakistan for a week or so.

once again thanks for the help

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Your wife will be able to travel outside of the UK for holidays without a problem.