ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

heathrow immigration control

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi everyone. I just recently got my ilr on the basis of 10 years and i was thinking of travelling to my home country and am worried bout immigration control at heathrow . Does anyone know bout what type of questions i may be asked? I just got the ilr in july how long do i have to wait before i can travel? :?

sab124

Post by sab124 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:37 pm

there is no such restriction to stay in the country after getting ILR. you are free to travel

xyz123

Re: heathrow immigration control

Post by xyz123 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 pm

manUTd wrote:Hi everyone. I just recently got my ilr on the basis of 10 years and i was thinking of travelling to my home country and am worried bout immigration control at heathrow . Does anyone know bout what type of questions i may be asked? I just got the ilr in july how long do i have to wait before i can travel? :?
generally they ask questions re your life in UK (e.g. employment / purpose of visit / how long u been away etc). For legitimate visa holders, there shouldnt be any problem.