ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fraureuther
Newly Registered

Irish citizenship question

Post by Fraureuther » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:36 pm

My mother recently registered in the Foreign Birth Registry in order to claim Irish citizenship by descent. According to various sources, I am ineligible to claim Irish citizenship via descent due to the fact that my mother registered in the FB Registry after my birth (the process is clearly designed not to be retrospective). However, I'm wondering if there are any special provisions for non-Irish immediate family members of Irish citizens? For example, would I be able to waiver some of the naturalisation requirements?

Thanks in advance.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Irish citizenship question

Post by JAJ » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:21 am

Fraureuther wrote:My mother recently registered in the Foreign Birth Registry in order to claim Irish citizenship by descent. According to various sources, I am ineligible to claim Irish citizenship via descent due to the fact that my mother registered in the FB Registry after my birth (the process is clearly designed not to be retrospective). However, I'm wondering if there are any special provisions for non-Irish immediate family members of Irish citizens? For example, would I be able to waiver some of the naturalisation requirements?

Maybe start at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_nationality_law