ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RECLAIM TAX PAID or REFUND

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

RECLAIM TAX PAID or REFUND

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi,

This question is on behalf of all the users who have doubt regarding RECLAIMING TAX.

I would request any body to feel free to answer the following question.

I am on TIER 1 VISA and presently in the UK, I am paying TAX and would like to know how can I claim the TAX benefits, that is, I was once told by a friend that once you would decide to go back to your country after your VISA expires you would be entitled to claim the TAX I have paid.

Could someone please help clarify the doubt for everyone who have got doubt.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 pm

I am paying TAX and would like to know how can I claim the TAX benefits, that is, I was once told by a friend that once you would decide to go back to your country after your VISA expires you would be entitled to claim the TAX I have paid.
It does not work like that. Dependent upon when in the tax year you leave the UK you might be entitled to some tax back, but nothing like all you have pay while in the UK.
John