ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority Treatment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dasjoker

Priority Treatment

Post by dasjoker » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:20 am

Hi guys,

I applied EEA2 on 7th of June and received COA on 14th of July.

26 september i will start my university but i need my passport for enrolment, also i need my passport because i am planning to apply for student loan.

My question is can request "Priority Treatment" on September?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Also is anyone with EEA2 got some experience with applying student loan?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 am

I don't think Priority Treatment is an option, but you can simply ask for your passport being returned to you; this will not affect your application.
Non-urgent travel
If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, you must email your request to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk. Please provide details of your travel plans and your Home Office reference if possible.

We will try to return your travel documents no more than 10 working days after you tell us about your need to travel.
They are talking here about travel, but any reason will do and in fact you do not even need to give a reason. Just send an email to this address, quote your HO reference and Case ID (as given on the CoA).
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:53 pm

fysicus wrote:I don't think Priority Treatment is an option, but you can simply ask for your passport being returned to you; this will not affect your application.
Non-urgent travel
If your expected date of travel is more than 10 days in the future, you must email your request to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk. Please provide details of your travel plans and your Home Office reference if possible.

We will try to return your travel documents no more than 10 working days after you tell us about your need to travel.
They are talking here about travel, but any reason will do and in fact you do not even need to give a reason. Just send an email to this address, quote your HO reference and Case ID (as given on the CoA).
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
But at the same time i need my marriage certificate as well and also i don't know if student loan company would accept passport without resident card.

WONDERLUSTI
Newly Registered

Post by WONDERLUSTI » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:55 pm

You can ask for all your documents back, they will forward the RC later, you have your COA,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:40 pm

There is no single fixed reason for requesting priority treatment. But generally it has to do with not being able to exercise some of your (already existing) rights because you do not have your passport or documents or your Residence Card in hand.

Write up a good persuasive letter requesting priority treatment because you need it for registering for school in September (and any other reasons you have). Send it along with your request for the return of your documents to UKBA at their special email address. And see what happens. If yours is a straight forward case, they should in theory prioritize the RC processing before returning everything to you.

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:There is no single fixed reason for requesting priority treatment. But generally it has to do with not being able to exercise some of your (already existing) rights because you do not have your passport or documents or your Residence Card in hand.

Write up a good persuasive letter requesting priority treatment because you need it for registering for school in September (and any other reasons you have). Send it along with your request for the return of your documents to UKBA at their special email address. And see what happens. If yours is a straight forward case, they should in theory prioritize the RC processing before returning everything to you.
Danke schon! I will request it on September when it will be 3 months and write updates!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm

I think if you reread their instructions, there is not really a 3 month limit.

If you need the priority now, then ask for it now.

But after 3 months, they will automatically consider priority treatment even if you do not ask for it.

If I understand that you want to study in September, then it is better to ask for it now I think. September is amazingly close now!