ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Apptmnt on Tue 9th Aug - Query regarding bank statement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssh4478
Newly Registered

ILR Apptmnt on Tue 9th Aug - Query regarding bank statement

Post by ssh4478 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi All,
I'm applying for ILR under Wp + HSMP + Tier 1 General. My appointment is on Tue 9th Aug. I'm claiming points for salary (last 12 months) but I haven't yet received the bank statement for the month of Jul. However my bank has confirmed that they've posted it to me. On request my Bank has sent me the same statement via fax accompanied by a letter FAO of home office stating that this statement has also been posted.

I am confused would that be okay to show the faxed copy of a statement for the month of July? Or this is going to be an issue?

Please advise.

Many Thanks

ksab

Post by ksab » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:07 pm

That should be fine, as long as you have all other statements with you.

Make copies too, if possible. That would save the caseworker, and therefore you, some time

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Faxed copy may not be entertained and may delay the case as you are claiming points of earnings.
May be you get on 8th Aug the statement posted to you.
Otherwise get it stamped and signed by any branch of your bank.

ssh4478
Newly Registered

Post by ssh4478 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it will arrive on Monday. Also my bank has no branch where I live so no option for a stamped/signed statement.

As far as I know I can show any 12 months from the last 15 month period. Can I exclude July months salary and claim it from Jul'10 to Jun'11 (12 months)?

Would that be okay?

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm

For Tier 1 applicants there are 2 different requirement for bank statement in the context of SET(O):
1. Section 10A - Your finances -- bank statement of LAST 3 months
2.Section 9 (8A) - Previous earnings claimed - bank statement of the period of earnings ( 12months out of 15 previous months)

So it is better to show earnings from July 2010 to June 2011 - for which you have original bank statement

If case workers insists for LAST MONTH bank statement for finances only than provide him fax copy and not otherwise

ssh4478
Newly Registered

Post by ssh4478 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Many thanks for your suggestion. I submitted salay slips and bank statements from Jul'10 to Jun'11 and the caseworker didn't ask any questions. Got my ILR without any hassles :)