ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landing Cards for ILR holders

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simmo

Landing Cards for ILR holders

Post by simmo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi all

Me and the Mrs returned from a very nice holiday abroad yesterday. It was the first time she has entered on her shiny new ILR and I was a little surprised that she still had to complete a landing card.

Does anyone know the rationale behind this? Seems a little bit of a bureaucratic waste of time - especially in this age of austerity and cutbacks - given that my wife is well and truly on HO records and now has no immigration restrictions/time limit on her residence here...

Still, citizenship next year then this will become a thing of the past. Just wondered what people's thoughts on this were, however...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Anyone without British Nationality has to complete a landing card.

simmo

Post by simmo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Casa wrote:Anyone without British Nationality has to complete a landing card.
Not strictly true.

EU/EEA nationals and Commonwealth Citizens with RoA are exempt from the landing card requirement. My thoughts are that such an exemption could be extended to ILR holders.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Someone can lose ILR despite what the stamp in their passport says. There is a big difference between ILR and ROA/EU/EEA citizenship.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:13 pm

non-EEA family members of EEA citizens also do not need to complete a landing card if they have either a EEA Family Permit, a Residence Card or a Permanent Residence Card.

And as previously mentioned, neither do EEA citizens.

simmo

Post by simmo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:non-EEA family members of EEA citizens also do not need to complete a landing card if they have either a EEA Family Permit, a Residence Card or a Permanent Residence Card.

And as previously mentioned, neither do EEA citizens.
Exactly...and ILR offers a status that is more permenant than at least the first two you mention.