ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application. With solicitor? Without solicitor?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mousugu
Newly Registered

ILR application. With solicitor? Without solicitor?

Post by mousugu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:44 am

Hi all,

I am planning to apply ILR SET (O) next month in premium service as a work permit holder after 5 years in UK.

Question

A) would you use solicitor? Of course I'd prefer not to (too expensive!!), anybody experienced succeed without?? Please advice.

B)I think my case is fairly straight forward.I should be able to prepare all the document, pay slip, bank st, p60, company letter, absent 179days all paid. Only not sure is, I forgot to update my address on pay slip and p60 (for 3 years.....). it's got previous address on which is different from bill and bank address. Is that going to be problem?? and I have no ciriminal threshold document prepared, is that needed?

thanks in advance

ksab

Post by ksab » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 am

Do you have the correct address on your last 12 months of payslips?

There are plenty of people here on the forum who have applied without a solicitor and been successful.

They don't usually ask for household bills, just payslips, bank statements and p60s. You could always explain to them the reason for the difference in addresses but as long as the amounts tally on your payslip and bank statement you should be okay.

mousugu
Newly Registered

Post by mousugu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 am

Thanks. I don't have correct address on my last 12 month payslips... I change today. Hopefully it's going to be OK. Thanks a lot for your advise!