ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of UK days for contractors(disregard annual leave)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Btier1
Newly Registered

Out of UK days for contractors(disregard annual leave)

Post by Btier1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

HI,

Reading from the many of the posts, I understand that annual leave is disregarded on discretion of the case worker, and providing a letter from company would provide strong support document.

I am an IT contractor; could I account the annual leave of 20 days per year? And could a letter from my company/account provide support document.

Appreciate your reply.
Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Out of UK days for contractors(disregard annual leave)

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:00 am

Btier1 wrote:HI,

Reading from the many of the posts, I understand that annual leave is disregarded on discretion of the case worker, and providing a letter from company would provide strong support document.

I am an IT contractor; could I account the annual leave of 20 days per year? And could a letter from my company/account provide support document.

Appreciate your reply.
Thanks
You shouldn't be worried if your total leave is under 180 days in 5 years and less than 90 days in one go. If its over 90 days in any one instance then you need to worry!!!

Btier1
Newly Registered

Post by Btier1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks

sorry I was not being explicit in my query.

My question is - if my out of uk days are more than 180(+ not 90 days in one go) could I use annual leave as contractor to seek disregard?

Btier1
Newly Registered

Post by Btier1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

appreciate if anyone could reply

ksab

Post by ksab » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:19 pm

As long as you get a letter from your employer clearly stating which dates you had annual leave, the discretion should be in your favour

anon9712
Newly Registered

Post by anon9712 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 pm

ksab wrote:As long as you get a letter from your employer clearly stating which dates you had annual leave, the discretion should be in your favour
I think what Btier1 is highlighting is that he's self employed and doesn't have an employer. Who should write the letter laying out the dates of his annual leave? Can he write this letter as an officer of his company or would it be from his accountant? Or perhaps his client (not sure if they would want to).

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

I am a contractor as well and may have to travel for my work (although I will avoid this if possible to avoid complexity with ILR). If I do have to travel, I will ask my client to provide a letter stating something like:

[my name] consultant employed by [my limited company] was engaged to provide [services / project] and was required to travel to [place] for [reason] on dates [dates].

I am not sure whether this will be accepted. If you do something similar, let us know the results of your application and whether the letter is considered acceptable.

Btier1
Newly Registered

Post by Btier1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 am

My questions

1. My out of UK days exceed 180 days i.e 200 days in 5 yr for personal travel(not business), if valid letter is produced- will 20 days extra be disregarded ?
2. as anon9712 mentioned, will taking letter written by me(the director of the company) be valid or should I provide any other letters like from accountant?

With regard to goldfish advise,my opinion is that the letter would be valid if your supporting against business related absences but my travels are purely for personal reasons.

Many thanks