ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls help me, i need guidance for tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

pls help me, i need guidance for tier 1 extension

Post by ibeny1978 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

dear brothers, i need sincere guidance. i got my tier 1 in 2009, have visited uk multiple times but couldnt work there becuz of my professioin commitments in home country. i have just 6 months left in my visa. can i apply for extension without using uplift factor with overseas earnings.
i contacted a lawyer, he said its impossible becuz the company is not a uk company so no way i can go for extension.
pls. kindly some one senior or who had extension with overseas earnings can help me with this.
i will be highly thankful to you.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

the lawyer is right, you cannot I am afraid.

the only solution I can think of is if you find a job here and it gives you enough money in coming 5 months for your extension.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:53 am

Incorrect, he can come to the UK and apply for an extension using overseas earnings only, without any uplift ratio.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

wf wrote:Incorrect, he can come to the UK and apply for an extension using overseas earnings only, without any uplift ratio.
Theoretically this is correct, however, as per previous discussions, this will be very hard to achieve.

You have to be in the UK in order to apply for an extension (especially with the fact that this will not be a straight-forward application) and basically you would need to be living here, otherwise things are close to impossible (you need a fixed address for example to receive mail).

Also, if it is found that you are not using your visa for it's intended purpose, your leave can be curtailed as you should be using the visa for working and living in the UK, not elsewhere.

I am yet to hear back from anyone who hasn't used their Tier 1 visa for its intended purpose and successfully extended it.

madisonlilac28
BANNED

Re: pls help me, i need guidance for tier 1 extension

Post by madisonlilac28 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:dear brothers, i need sincere guidance. i got my tier 1 in 2009, have visited uk multiple times but couldnt work there becuz of my professioin commitments in home country. i have just 6 months left in my visa. can i apply for extension without using uplift factor with overseas earnings.
i contacted a lawyer, he said its impossible becuz the company is not a uk company so no way i can go for extension.
pls. kindly some one senior or who had extension with overseas earnings can help me with this.
i will be highly thankful to you.
There is a way that you can extend it. I advice you to go to embassy or the immigration office near you to consult about your problem or search online. But I will tell you this, UK visa is the hardest visa to get. Like work visa. You need to work hard on it to get that visa.

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by ibeny1978 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 pm

i have an address in uk with my bank account, ni, health car and driving license and i will be one month before my extension in uk, so u think still it will be hard to get extension.
thanks.

mulderpf wrote:
wf wrote:Incorrect, he can come to the UK and apply for an extension using overseas earnings only, without any uplift ratio.
Theoretically this is correct, however, as per previous discussions, this will be very hard to achieve.

You have to be in the UK in order to apply for an extension (especially with the fact that this will not be a straight-forward application) and basically you would need to be living here, otherwise things are close to impossible (you need a fixed address for example to receive mail).

Also, if it is found that you are not using your visa for it's intended purpose, your leave can be curtailed as you should be using the visa for working and living in the UK, not elsewhere.

I am yet to hear back from anyone who hasn't used their Tier 1 visa for its intended purpose and successfully extended it.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:14 am

Yes, it's not about "fooling" the Home Office in thinking that you are in the UK, it's about the difficulties in waiting around for 14 weeks while they process your visa and getting it all arranged when you are not in the country.

Not sure why you want to hang onto something when you can't use it anyway. It's even looking unlikely that you will be able to get ILR from it as they will have to stop giving extensions at some point anyway. So I think you should look at your entire strategy rather than just focusing on an extension, because it doesn't seem like you have considered your options beyond that...

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

no one is here to fool home office. its just i was not ready to move that time and after i get extension i will be moving permanently to uk.

mulderpf wrote:Yes, it's not about "fooling" the Home Office in thinking that you are in the UK, it's about the difficulties in waiting around for 14 weeks while they process your visa and getting it all arranged when you are not in the country.

Not sure why you want to hang onto something when you can't use it anyway. It's even looking unlikely that you will be able to get ILR from it as they will have to stop giving extensions at some point anyway. So I think you should look at your entire strategy rather than just focusing on an extension, because it doesn't seem like you have considered your options beyond that...