ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting confused

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abc111
BANNED

Getting confused

Post by abc111 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 expires June 2011 but wondering if I should apply for T1 (G) extension!

I have a combination of 1 year work permit stay and 2 years of T1(G) stay. As per current rules I should be able to count my work permit stay so if I apply for extension now then this should take me beyond ILR eligibility date, which is desireable.

But HO might starting discounting work permit stay towards permanent residency then should I apply, also;

I claimed voluntary redundancy but would like to claim points for salary, which documents should I obtain from the past employer?

Thanks

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:22 pm

anyone?

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Getting confused

Post by mk357 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

abc111 wrote:Hi,

My Tier 1 expires June 2011 but wondering if I should apply for T1 (G) extension!

I have a combination of 1 year work permit stay and 2 years of T1(G) stay. As per current rules I should be able to count my work permit stay so if I apply for extension now then this should take me beyond ILR eligibility date, which is desireable.

But HO might starting discounting work permit stay towards permanent residency then should I apply, also;

I claimed voluntary redundancy but would like to claim points for salary, which documents should I obtain from the past employer?

Thanks
Did you say your T1G expires in June 2011? Is it already expired then? Or your mean June 2012? Your WP period is counted towards the ILR period. You could apply anytime if you could complete the 5 years period with he extension. Normally extension is given for 2 years and sometimes 3 years depends on the CW. But remember that at the time of ILR you have to show the earnings equal to or more than what was at the time of extension. For extension you also have to meet the points rquirement. If you go through the Form and its guidance many things would be cleared.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 am

mk357 wrote:

Thanks
Did you say your T1G expires in June 2011? Is it already expired then? Or your mean June 2012? Your WP period is counted towards the ILR period. You could apply anytime if you could complete the 5 years period with he extension. Normally extension is given for 2 years and sometimes 3 years depends on the CW. But remember that at the time of ILR you have to show the earnings equal to or more than what was at the time of extension. For extension you also have to meet the points rquirement. If you go through the Form and its guidance many things would be cleared.
I have read section 245CD(sorry if not recalling right!) but still confused. Please reply. Thanks

RockON

Post by RockON » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:25 am

Considering your Tier 1 expires in June 2012 not 2011

Considering your situation you have completed or going to complete 3 years of mandatory 5 years period for ILR (2 year of T1 and 1 WP)

So you need to apply for T1 general extension.

statutory redundancy payment will not be considered for previous earning, other documents are common (as mentioned in form guidance or search this forum)

Best of Luck

Thanks