ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error on p60

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

first2last4

Error on p60

Post by first2last4 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:50 am

I had couple of queries

1) My recent p60 form has marked me as 'F' (female) instead of 'M' (male). I've told my finance dept about this and they say it cannot be amended as the they has submitted all the form to the Inland Revenue.

How so I sort this out and would this be a problem in future ?
should I get a letter from my company as a mistake on thier part.

2) Again the finance dept has not updated my address and so the Inland revenure still has my old address. Finance told me 'You will need to inform that Inland revenue of your new address'. Again is this a serious issue.

Hope someone could answer this.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:30 pm

Your finance department is just lazy... but neither issue should pose a problem regarding immigration as its your NI number that ties your tax record to you, and from that they can check your tax affairs are a-ok.

Write and inform Inland Revenue of the error. I wouldnt bother with a letter from your employer, IR will know who they are from your P60 and can contact them if they need. And while youre at it, ask them to update your address details. As with any communication with IR I'd request a reply in writing for your records just in case.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Seems that your finance department is out of order as there is no need for you to write to the tax office to tell them you are a male or female they should have had this correctly on their system.
Anyway, Just write a detailed precise letter to Your Tax office with quoting your NI and Tax reference number.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:34 pm

I would not be too concerned. HMRC have your correct gender details.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:12 pm

tvt,

Apparently you suggest not to take any action.

Also once I get my p60 do I need to perform more action like filing the Income Tax returns (We do that in India) or is it something my company will take care internally.

I am not confident on my finance dept's knowledge for these queries.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Mafia

Post by Mafia » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:50 pm

The P60, in a nutshell, is a summary of your income and taxes deducted while you were working in the company. It is rather unusual for the finance department to take it a step further i.e. completing your personal tax return on your behalf.

The simple rule is that if you have been issued with a self assessment tax return by HMRC, then please complete it bearing in mind the submission deadline. If you haven't been issued one like the majority of the tax payers in this country, then there is no requirement for you to file it unless you have specifically requested for the return from HMRC to declare more income, reclaim overpaid tax etc.

The Mafia :twisted:
Providing alternative opinions ... for better decisions.