ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

want to do MBA after being on HSMP Tier 1 (General) visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

italionstalion19
Newly Registered

want to do MBA after being on HSMP Tier 1 (General) visa

Post by italionstalion19 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:04 am

Hello Everyone,

Initially I went to UK in 2004 on student visa to pursue my bachelors then in Feb 2008 I switched to HSMP Tier1 (general) visa on the basis of my previous experience and earnings in India, my visa was valid for three years till may 2011. In 2009, I did finish my degree but was on a work permit from an year before. After that I worked there for nearly 2 years till this year April 2011.

Now, I am in INDIA and have applied to few good MBA universities in UK and got offer.

My question is --> after applying student visa, do you think that UK embassy officials could refuse my visa or ask me why have I switched to HSMP Tier 1 before finishing my degree in 2008 ?

To be honest, I did this because there was a provision in place and want to get benefit from it. From last one year I couldn't receive a good contract so I returned to India in the intention to go back in Sept 2011 on the student visa. I never violated any immigration rules!

please answer my query if you can :-)

Many thanks,