ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which address for Courier pickup (Return Of Docs?)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Which address for Courier pickup (Return Of Docs?)

Post by ashishashah » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Hello,

I am planning to ask for a courier to get my docs back from HSMP..

From which location do they need to pick up my Docs??Is it the same address where i sent the docs?? Doncaster ,South Yorkshire ?Or is it a different one??
has any one tried this option of asking a courier to pick up docs from HSMP?

Thanks
Ashish

madmax
Newly Registered

Post by madmax » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:48 pm

I was given the following address for pick up:

HSMP Team,
WP UK
Managed Migration,
Home Office,
Moorfoot,
Sheffield S14PQ

It is advisable that you get this address from your case worker - in the event that something changed recently.

However, there is a catch. Most couriers require signature for international pickups. Unless you sent a signed airway bill along with the application or anytime thereafter, you could potentially face a situation where either the local courier refuses to pickup or the despatch department in HO refuses to sign (this is their policy). My case worker told me that this problem persists for international pickpus - so he suggested that I could arrange to collect mine thro' a relative in the UK.

DHL is your best bet as they don't have as consistent a policy as Fedex on sender's signature requirements. (Or atleast they don't enforce in every case).

Hope this helps.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:13 am

I Called up DHL UK...But they are insisting on a Contact person name at Home office as they 'Dont have time to wait in the queue' , and they also need some one to fill up a form from point of pick up..
I was not impressed..

Any ways, i think i will allow HSMP team to send it by a normal post

Ashish

madmax
Newly Registered

Post by madmax » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:08 am

Yup, they told me the same. I have now arranged for my documents to be sent by recorded delivery to a relative of mine in UK. I will pick it up from them thro' courier.
I have to say though that normal post has worked fine for most people.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:22 pm

Thanks Mad max,

Today i faxed HSMP team again to ignore my earlier fax(which mentions about Courier pick up)..I hope they look at both the faxes or none of them

Ashish

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:43 pm

Try using UPS and Mail Boxes Etc - if you speak to Mail Boxes Etc who have branch in Sheffield they will pick the documents up from the HSMP and send them to you express by UPS

http://www.mbe.uk.com/101/

:)

They only charge my brother Miguel £15 to pick up. Add to that cost of sending.

DHL is waste of time :(