ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italian to English translation of Marriage Certificate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Babstar
Newly Registered

Italian to English translation of Marriage Certificate

Post by Babstar » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any idea on how one gets a marriage certificate translated from italian into english as a valid legal document.
I'm italian but resident in ireland and my husband is south african also working in Ireland.
I know we need to have our marriage cert translated into English for his Visa application. Any suggestion welcome! Thanks! Babstar

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:10 pm

I had to get a birth certificate and certificate of approval to marry translated from English into Albanian and certified as a valid legal document for my wedding. I went to the Albanian Embassy in London who perform this service for a charge of £30 per document.

Perhaps the Italian Embassy in Ireland also offer this service, or the Irish embassy in Italy??

Babstar
Newly Registered

Post by Babstar » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:41 am

It would appear the Italian Embassy in Dublin does not provide such service and that you must instead have the document translated privately at a very high cost (starting from €50.00 up)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:16 pm

I had the same done from Indonesian to English by the Indonesian Consulate in Dublin. The cost was €40, but written on the translation was "the unoffical translation of the original birth cert". We were quoted €90 to have it translated by a professional NAATI recognised translater.

This text has caused us a lot of grief as the authorities wonder what it means to be an "unofficial" translation, despite the fact it is translated by the Consulate. We would have been better off to pay the extra €50 and have a "official" translation