ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shocking Experience of using a Consultant.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RajeevC
Newly Registered

Shocking Experience of using a Consultant.

Post by RajeevC » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:28 am

Good Day All,

I am like all of our friends here an HSMP applicant. I had come here on a student Visa as a Mature student. I got an industrial placement with a big multinational company. Then I realised I was eligible for the HSMP category.... and there it all began!!

I have engaged the services of a consultancy since the mid of Jan'04.

I was told they filed my case on the 8th of March. Following that I was told that the case worker will update me the moment they have any feedback. That was that and ever since then, not once has anyone contacted me unless I had to contact them each time.

I was offered a permanent position from my current employers with whom I was temping, since the existing contract was running out. It has been more than 7 weeks since I provided her with the proper offer letter and I am still waiting for the Consultant to do 'something'. According to her the HO is still looking into it!! She tells me it wil take 16 weeks now.

Infact, now I am very soon going to lose this existing job by this month end, as the employer has twice extended the offer, following which they have decided to hire someone fresh, since the work has to go on here at the office. I have had 3 successful interviews, but nothing materialises because I do not have any original documents in hand to show to any prospective employers.

The consultant wont tell me my reference number. Just refuses to give it to me. I think she will only contact me if and when she gets a final reply from the HO.

The consultant tells me I cannot legally contact the HO directly.

Any moderators have any feedback please.
Last edited by RajeevC on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:31 am

I would suggest that you involve the OISC in this issue.

http://www.oisc.gov.uk
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

RajeevC
Newly Registered

Post by RajeevC » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:47 pm

My ref is 150xx. So it seems the application was not made on the 8th of march as they had stated. Till the 10th the ref nos were in the 14xxx sequence.

Raj

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:58 pm

RajeevC

please check your pm

Regards

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:19 am

Well...My Friend, This is the main reason that myself and many of my friends have not applied through any consultants. They seem to say onething and do things otherway. Mainly they are looking into making money. I haven't met any consultant who knows what the whole process is all about. Instead, they pretend to know all. Blame the HO for the things they don't know.

I think you can call the HO directly and very politely ask them about your application status. If someone at HO office refuse to answer, don't worry. Try later and someone with good heart will answer your qustions. That's what happened to my friend. Be confidence.

By God's grace, you will get better job offer than the ones you have missed. Good luck. Stay Happy..

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:40 am

RajeevC,
It would not be surprising at all if the consultant filed your application much later than promised. The consultants have a queue of their own which they rarely ever divulge. I was recently speaking to one of the consultants in UK regarding my application and during discussions got to know that the consultant shall take 8-10 weeks to prepare and file my application to HO that too after i paid him extra for fast-track processing. For normal preparation they are taking upto 12 weeks.
Mini

sand_03
Newly Registered

Post by sand_03 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:04 pm

Hi RajeevC

I have had a similar bitter experience with my consultant - although I got my HSMP finally. Such consultants have a very mechanical way of working. In my case I was the one who was providing my consultant with update/info rather than they providing me. I had decided to contact the HSMP team directly, although technically it was in breach of my contract with the consultant. Well this I did not know until I gave crucial update/info on the develeopment of my case to my consultant, which they were totally unaware of. The contract had a fine line that the applicant cannot contact the HO directly!

In brief nothing stops you to contact the HO / HSMP directly. The only implication is that if you have a 'No win no fee' gaurantee from your consultant they will not refund you your fee if they do not succeed the the application and if you technically breach your agreement with them of contacting the HO directly.

You having a firm job offer was the possibly strongest reason for the HO to process your applicant on urgent basis.

If I were you I would contact HO/HSMP team directly to enquire & persuade them and not worry about the refund against 'No win no fee' gaurantee.

Best of luck...