ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for 14 year Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onlinealiens
Newly Registered

Applying for 14 year Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by onlinealiens » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:47 am

Do I have to apply through a solicitor? Most of those I contacted are asking for silly fees as I am hardly affording to pay my rent.

If so what's the drawbacks of solo application.

If you had applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain, or you are a solicitor, I appreciate any feedback or suggestions

thanks

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:40 pm

If you are out of status i'd personally advice to go through a solicitor.Put the bill on the credit card if you have to.

You may find a lawyer who takes legal aid here http://legaladviserfinder.justice.gov.u ... rSearch.do .Unfortunately lawyers are expensive.

If you are out of status and get caught by UKBA before you submit your application they will try and remove you within 3 days.One of the benefits of having a lawyer is they could halt the removal should the worse happen.If you try and find a lawyer after your arrest UKBA could argue you tried to regularize your status after your arrest .

If you have status you could try and do the application without the help of a lawyer.

zebra3

ILR for after 14 years`

Post by zebra3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:37 am

I have applied for mine this 9th of August 2011. via a solicitor. good luck.