ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

significant achivement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KNRao
Newly Registered

significant achivement

Post by KNRao » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:18 am

Hi
I am new to this forum, but i find that the experts and other members are providing valuble information to the new members. I got my PhD from India, at present I am working in UK as Royal Society of Chemistry Research fellow. I would like to apply for HSMP. I published 17 research publications in international journals, i got 3 US, 2 EP patents, my thesis was selected as best PhD thesis by well known scientific community in India, and finally I got prestigious RSC, UK fellowship. Do you think i can score points in significant acheivement section. I would appreciate suggestions from members and experts.
Thaks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 am

Yes, you should be able to score points for significant achievements although do note that most people have difficultly claiming points in this area. You need to read through the guidance notes carefully and provide enough authentic evidence to substantiate your claims.

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi MWazir
Thanks for your quick response. Yes, i gone through the guidelines. I can send all the reprints of my publications, patents and other proofs for awards. I just want to know other members experience, because as you said, scoring from this section is not so easy. Anyway thanks a lot for your time.

Cool

Post by Cool » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 pm

... Are you real ...? :mrgreen:

You will get points for significant achievement. Just provide original evidences for your claims.

Please people, shouldn't s/he claim points for 'exceptional achievement'? I think s/he qualifies due to international recognition of expertise.

Comments please.

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi Cool
Thanks for your comments. Yes, i am real. But I can say that it is not possible to score in exceptional achievement. I guess one should have to get a award like 'Noble' to score in that area (as per guidelines). Anyway I would be happy, if case worker consider my significant achievement and award those points.
Thanks

Cool

Post by Cool » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:24 pm

KNRao wrote:Anyway I would be happy, if case worker consider my significant achievement and award those points.
They will give the points.

My impression about why most people who claim points in that area are not awarded is because evidences submitted are not 'significant' in HSMP's view as expressed in the guidelines.

The items you have mentioned are expressly stated in the guidelines so, as MWazir said, simply ensure you substantiate every claim with valid originals.

All the best.

madmax
Newly Registered

Re: significant achivement

Post by madmax » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:37 pm

KNRao wrote:Hi
I am new to this forum, but i find that the experts and other members are providing valuble information to the new members. I got my PhD from India, at present I am working in UK as Royal Society of Chemistry Research fellow. I would like to apply for HSMP. I published 17 research publications in international journals, i got 3 US, 2 EP patents, my thesis was selected as best PhD thesis by well known scientific community in India, and finally I got prestigious RSC, UK fellowship. Do you think i can score points in significant acheivement section. I would appreciate suggestions from members and experts.
Thaks
You must be kidding ! If you cannot score points on significant achievement, I don't know who else can. This section is aimed at people like you and HSMP will be a cake walk for you. Make sure that you provide copies or reprints of all your patents / publications.

BTW, I claimed points in this section too with a patent and a publication not related to my present field of expertise - My petition got approved but I will have to wait for the approval letter to arrive to find out what was eventually awarded. I will let you know - if not please remind me.

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:48 pm

hi madmax
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you guys think my application would be potential. I hope everything goes well and I would be able to get approved. I am planing to send my application by end of this month. I will ask if i need any further information. Once again thanks for the encouragement.
Regards

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: significant achivement

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:54 pm

I believe with this kind of achievement you should be abale to claim point in the significant achievement category. All you need is that proff of evidence. But in this kind of category it is very easy. They could easily verify it. Good luck with your application.

You need also to remember that this category is also tight with age. You wil get significant point if you get this achievement while you are still quite young, say less then 35 years old.

Pantaiema
KNRao wrote:Hi
Thaks

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:44 am

Hi guys
Thanks for your comments, i appreciate your time and encouragement.

bani

Post by bani » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:51 pm

Yes you should be able to score these points. I got the significant achievement points based on just 5 international publications in genetics two years ago. Back then, the caseworker asked me for a letter from the corresponding author detailing my contribution to those publications (because there were multiple authors). I also included a letter from another expert in the field (a UK researcher I never worked with) stating that he thought my publications were significant and contributed to the research area. So I suggest you include these. It would also help if you got a letter from someone at RSC explaining how competitive your fellowship is. But you definitely should get these points! Good luck :).

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Hi bani,
Thank you for sharing your experience, your information is really helpful to me. I will certainly include the letters from my PhD supervisor, who is the corresponding author in most of my publications and a professor here in UK in other researh group. But i am not sure is there anyone from RSC can write a letter. Anyway i will try for that too. once again thank you very much for your suggestions.
Regards