ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davey0
Newly Registered

New born baby

Post by davey0 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Hello

I was hoping that it would not have come to this and that my wife would be with me before our child was born. I am a British citizen and applied for my wifes visa settlement in May 2011, hoping that she would be here by the beginning of August.

However, a decision is yet to be made with her application and it seems as that my child will be born in Pakistan as in another 2 weeks she will not be able to travel.

Now in this predicament i am wondering on what on what my options are.

I have been told that i would have to go through the visa settlement process for my child again. However i have also been advised that with me being a british citizen i may only need to get entry clearance for my child (which i dont quite understand)

Can someone please help me and explain what i will have to do

Thank You

milos85
Newly Registered

Post by milos85 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I have been told that i would have to go through the visa settlement process for my child again. However i have also been advised that with me being a british citizen i may only need to get entry clearance for my child (which i dont quite understand)
I think whoever told you this meant you will need entry clearance for your wife only, because (from what ive read on this forum) child of british citizen is a UK national no matter where it is born.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 pm

Similar to baby born in India.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.