ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new born baby to Tier 1 G

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

new born baby to Tier 1 G

Post by email257525 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:11 am

Dear Friends,

I understand after reading the forum that there is no rush of getting new born baby s dependant visa, and there is no time scale given when T 1 G holder has to get his baby s dependant visa.

Normally most people say wait for your extention and apply ur baby s visa along with ur application.

My extention is due in Jan 2013, do I hv to apply my baby s visa as well on that time even if we dont have any plans for travelling abroad... Baby will not be illegal or any thing. Baby was born in UK.

Please throught some light on this, and share your experiences.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 pm

See also ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ouflak1

Re: new born baby to Tier 1 G

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

email257525 wrote:Dear Friends,

My extention is due in Jan 2013, do I hv to apply my baby s visa as well on that time even if we dont have any plans for travelling abroad... Baby will not be illegal or any thing. Baby was born in UK.

Regards
Technically you do not have to ever get the child a visa. They strongly encourage it, but it is not necessary if you don't ever plan on traveling. In my case, we did have to get our daughter a passport and visa because of an impending trip when she was about 9 months old. The current laws state that if your child (born in the UK) lives in the country continuously until the age of ten, then they will automatically acquire UK citizenship and will have a lifetime right to claim such citizenship irrespective of any other status.

From the link in the post above, you can see that there is no requirement to have a visa in place for ILR. Likewise there is no such requirement to have a visa if the child is in a position to register for citizenship (when/if you get ILR).

I personally would like to have some kind of a travel document ready for that just-in-case scenario, a passport or something. But a visa will only strictly be required if the child is going to be traveling back to the UK in that case.

Hope this helps.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Thats absolutely right...what ouflak1 said

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 pm

ouflak1 wrote:The current laws state that if your child (born in the UK) lives in the country continuously until the age of ten, then they will automatically acquire UK citizenship and will have a lifetime right to claim such citizenship irrespective of any other status.
Not "automatically acquire UK citizenship", if born before a parent has ILR/PR/British citizenship. An application is required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

mansoor_a
Newly Registered

HSMP Tier 1 (G) - new born child Visa

Post by mansoor_a » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:12 am

Hi All.

Can anyone tell me which form to fill in order to apply for a new born child under HSMP Tier 1 General Visa. please provide the link. Also if you have a filled form which i can review before filling out my own please send it to my email : mansoor_a@hotmail.com. I need to apply for my Son's visa who was born in UK few months after we arived. Me and my wife are NOT british national.

Kind regards
Mansoor Ahmed

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:06 am

See also here.

mansoor_a
Newly Registered

duration of Stay before applying for Child Visa HSMP Tier 1

Post by mansoor_a » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi All. I have gone through alot of details. on when to apply for your new born child for Visa. However I am unclear on one thing and if someone has done this before and have been successfull with it please let me know.

The Document states :

If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom 42. for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. Please note dependants of Tier 1 Investors do not need to satisfy the maintenance requirement.

If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family 43. member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

The duration is calculated from the date you have entered in the UK or from the time when you got the VISA. For example if i got the visa on 1st Jan , and traveled on 20th Jan. from which date should i start calculating my Duration.

Many thanx

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 am

20th Jan, date entered the UK.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Dear Friends

Thank you very much for you all who contributed.

What I gathered, that a child born to T 1 General, does not required a dependant visa, unless baby has plans to travel abroad, thank you to UK laws,

I am planning not to spend silly money on my baby's dependant visa, will wait for my ILR then baby will be eligible to apply for citizenship.

Would I still need mentioning baby somewhere in my T1 G extention application, or wife's dependant application, and prove that I can accomodate and maintain my wife and chile in the UK without recourse to public funds.

Please put some light on these

Regards