ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension..Queries on Entry Clerance..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension..Queries on Entry Clerance..

Post by blueocean1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi there,

Need your advice please…

My details are as below;

I came to UK in July 2007 on work permit and then switched to Tier-1 General in Oct 2008 while I was in UK.

I moved back to India on Dec 2008 and returned back to UK on Nov 2010, after a gap of almost 2 years

I need to now apply for tier 1 extension from within UK but have following queries:

B12. Give details of any current or previous worker reference number(s) under work permit arrangements (if applicable):

I worked workpermit before Tier1- Do i have to give my worker referrence number in my preivous workpermit. Unfortunately I don’t have the same.

2. In Section D Immigration History, what should I say for

"D1: Did applicant obtain entry clearance or visa before entering the United Kingdom"?

As I am applying for Tier-1 extension that I obtained from within UK, I have to say ‘Yes’ Please confirm

D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United
Kingdom?
Country
Post (City)

my real confusion is whether I should put the WP entry clearance no which was issued in July 2007 or the Tier 1 visa entry clearance number.

I am back to UK after 2 years on the tier 1 visa and in actual there is no relation to the old WP now.

Do I need to give the details of the WP or tier 1 for D2 I am really confusing.

Also if I need to give the details of the tier 1 visa what’s should be the Country and Post (City). The tier 1 visa was issued by Sheffield. Should I mention the same.

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 am

Hello,
Senior member, Moderator, Push...Can someone please help for this query...

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 am

Hello Friends..
I am really worried for the no reply to this query...is this so tricky...can you guys please reply or share the experience having the similar situation where the people are going for extension when they have intially WP and then tier 1 visa, putting my query briefly

My real confusion is whether I should put the WP entry clearance no which was issued in July 2007 or the Tier 1 visa entry clearance number.

I am back to UK after 2 years on the tier 1 visa and in actual there is no relation to the old WP now.

Do I need to give the details of the WP or tier 1 for D2 I am really confused.

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Hello there,
Its surprising and nervous to see no reply to this query….is this something so peculiar situation that no one can really answer to this…

Moderator / senior members / experienced guys…can you please help !!!

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:20 pm

You should include tier 1 entry clearence. Also mention all your details regarding workpermit in your covering letter

blueocean1
Newly Registered

Post by blueocean1 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Appreciate your reply, thanks for the same, apologies to repeat the question as its still confusing :(

As the question reads - It explicitly says "Before travelling to the United Kingdom, " –
Can I answer Sheffield /UK when the question says "Before travelling to the United Kingdom" ?

D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?" - It explicitly says "Before travelling"

Considering I am coming back on tier 1 visa after 2 years, I should put the most recent one i.e tier 1 visa or the earlier WP on the basis on which I got the tier 1 and it was issued from Mumbai BHC

Should this be my "first" entry clearance to UK or tier 1 :?:

Thanks in advance

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 am

Firstly, please bear in mind they need your details for tier 1 entry clearance as you are extending tier 1 and not work permit.
Also its does't matter how many times you went in and out of the country. Now you came back after 1 yrs or 2 yrs. Entry where you initially got your tier 1 entry clearance from. Your case UK.

Now In the Before travelling to UK question. mention Tier 1 in Sheffield
& Work permit from your Home country with WP details.

However as you have previous migration history. explain that in the notes section within the form or covering letter or both.

And don't get tensed. Also long as you provide all correct & true information everything will be fine