ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland to London Luton Immigration control

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malikscompany

Ireland to London Luton Immigration control

Post by malikscompany » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am

my cousin went to luton from kerry and said that there was no immgration control and he was looking for immigration officer to stamp his passport but nobody was there.

have someone recently been to Luton from Ireland? can someone please confirm that is there any kind of immigration control at luton airport ?? I have stamp 4 eufam, have been living legally since last 4 years in Ireland and now working too, my father in Law is very ill and doctors said that he does not have much time, I want to see him on any price so thinking to go to UK this week, I have outstanding deportation order from UK which is still valid so cant apply for visa.

i can trnsit without visa so might just transit for 24 hours to see him, any advice would be appreciated.

God Bless

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 am

Even though there may not be checks when entering, there certainly will be when you depart.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Ireland to London Luton Immigration control

Post by ca.funke » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:56 am

Hi malikscompany,

on arrival in the UK from Ireland there are routinely no checks.

If you want to make absolutely sure, you can go from wherever you live to Belfast(UK), and fly to London from there(domestic = no checks).

On departing the UK, there are no checks by border officials.

Of course there will be checks performed by the airline. But they only check if you´re good for entry into Ireland, they don´t care about your status in the UK.

The one thing you have to be most worried about is: On departure from Ireland the airline might think you´re not documented for entry into the UK, hence refuse you boarding. I recommend reading >>my own strategy to get onto the plane anyway<<. For this to apply you have to travel with your EU-partner though!

BTW: If you´re married to an EU-citizen, your deportation order from the UK is no longer relevant. So you can conveniently forget about that ;)

Rgds, Christian

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Ireland to London Luton Immigration control

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 am

If it is a deportation order given because of a criminal conviction it may be relevant. It is also a criminal offence to enter the UK in breach of a deportation order.
ca.funke wrote:Hi malikscompany,

on arrival in the UK from Ireland there are routinely no checks.

If you want to make absolutely sure, you can go from wherever you live to Belfast(UK), and fly to London from there(domestic = no checks).

On departing the UK, there are no checks by border officials.

Of course there will be checks performed by the airline. But they only check if you´re good for entry into Ireland, they don´t care about your status in the UK.

The one thing you have to be most worried about is: On departure from Ireland the airline might think you´re not documented for entry into the UK, hence refuse you boarding. I recommend reading >>my own strategy to get onto the plane anyway<<. For this to apply you have to travel with your EU-partner though!

BTW: If you´re married to an EU-citizen, your deportation order from the UK is no longer relevant. So you can conveniently forget about that ;)

Rgds, Christian

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

thank you very much friends. when we go from here they dont check if I need visa to go to UK or no, Kerry airport is too small and they still use papers not computer at the airport check in. anyway once I am in I dont think there will be any problem coming back to Ireland.

just one more thing, is really a criminal offence to enter UK when I have deportation order, and does someone know is it punishable by prison sentence or just a fine or something.

Thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:13 pm

malikscompany wrote:thank you very much friends. when we go from here they dont check if I need visa to go to UK or no, Kerry airport is too small and they still use papers not computer at the airport check in. anyway once I am in I dont think there will be any problem coming back to Ireland.

just one more thing, is really a criminal offence to enter UK when I have deportation order, and does someone know is it punishable by prison sentence or just a fine or something.

Thanks
It really is a crime. The sentence can be a fine, prison, or both.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

You haven't said what you were convicted of and what your sentence was.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:29 pm

ireland to luton> no passport control no check
luton to ireland> check and have passport control
ca funke is 100% right

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
malikscompany wrote:thank you very much friends. when we go from here they dont check if I need visa to go to UK or no, Kerry airport is too small and they still use papers not computer at the airport check in. anyway once I am in I dont think there will be any problem coming back to Ireland.

Thanks

it was a minor offence and I was given 2 months prison sentence, spent a month in prison and court recommended deportation

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:52 pm

malikscompany wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:

Thanks

it was a minor offence and I was given 2 months prison sentence, spent a month in prison and court recommended deportation
Did you realized that, any deportation has procedure and it's subject to judicial review. But i feel sorry sometimes with the common law and equity sort of people. :lol:
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Sorry angelcountry, but I do not understand your post. The OP can apply to the Secretary of State for the Home Department for the lifting of the deportation order. Until the OP does, they do have a deportation order against them. A deportation order is different to being removed from the UK for overstaying and so on.
angelcountry wrote:
malikscompany wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:

Thanks

Did you realized that, any deportation has procedure and it's subject to judicial review. But i feel sorry sometimes with the common law and equity sort of people. :lol:

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:14 am

PaperPusher wrote:Sorry angelcountry, but I do not understand your post. The OP can apply to the Secretary of State for the Home Department for the lifting of the deportation order. Until the OP does, they do have a deportation order against them. A deportation order is different to being removed from the UK for overstaying and so on.
angelcountry wrote:
malikscompany wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:

The subject matter is ''Deportation Order'' what do you mean millions of over-stayers ?

In fact, i don't even think you reach deportation stage rather than a threat of recommendation, and mind you don't upset yourself because i am telling you the fact.
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

The topic is actually about UK immigration policy, although it is in the Ireland section.

Deportation orders are given to criminals. Immigration offenders of the more usual kind such as overstayers are removed through an administrative process, not deported.

Nowhere in my post will you see the word "millions"

You barely make any sense at all angelcountry.
angelcountry wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:Sorry angelcountry, but I do not understand your post. The OP can apply to the Secretary of State for the Home Department for the lifting of the deportation order. Until the OP does, they do have a deportation order against them. A deportation order is different to being removed from the UK for overstaying and so on.
angelcountry wrote:
malikscompany wrote:
The subject matter is ''Deportation Order'' what do you mean millions of over-stayers ?

In fact, i don't even think you reach deportation stage rather than a threat of recommendation, and mind you don't upset yourself because i am telling you the fact.

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:00 am

PaperPusher wrote:The topic is actually about UK immigration policy, although it is in the Ireland section.

Deportation orders are given to criminals. Immigration offenders of the more usual kind such as overstayers are removed through an administrative process, not deported.

Nowhere in my post will you see the word "millions"

You barely make any sense at all angelcountry.
angelcountry wrote:
angelcountry wrote:

You barely make sense to me aswell, and why do you have to form a topic unrelated to Irish Immigration under ireland in the first instance ?

But, i dont give a toss whether i make sense to you or not because of your facial attitude, but i will always pass my message and jurisprudence's to underpin the message or make the case.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:05 am

Angelcountry, I'm unable to understand your post either. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, please don't post. You're simply confusing the thread.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:44 am

i think you should apply for tourist visa.you will get within 2 weeks.also please give them true details about yours offence current status etc....

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

IQU wrote:i think you should apply for tourist visa.you will get within 2 weeks.also please give them true details about yours offence current status etc....
That will not happen if someone has been deported. The deportation order needs to be revoked first.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part13/

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Casa wrote:Angelcountry, I'm unable to understand your post either. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute, please don't post. You're simply confusing the thread.
Can you check the forum, and count how many of you often write some absurd comment that, you couldn't understand the french i wrote, and as a law student which you're not, then you continue to write comment that, i don't know what i am contributing about without any counter motion argument so suggest that, my contribution lack facts in elements. But i don't mind what you wrote but it made me realize my argument is of a profound ground, otherwise back your ''subjected irrelevant comments made by me'' with pillars and case law, then i will definitely stop contributing. thanks. :D

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 pm

angelcountry wrote:Can you check the forum, and count how many of you often write some absurd comment that, you couldn't understand the french i wrote, and as a law student which you're not, then you continue to write comment that, i don't know what i am contributing about without any counter motion argument so suggest that, my contribution lack facts in elements. But i don't mind what you wrote but it made me realize my argument is of a profound ground, otherwise back your ''subjected irrelevant comments made by me'' with pillars and case law, then i will definitely stop contributing. thanks. :D
by the sound of things you are an insult to any law student already. people don't want you here, nor do they want your comment. they're useless most of the time in anycase. get the message!!!

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:
angelcountry wrote:Can you check the forum, and count how many of you often write some absurd comment that, you couldn't understand the french i wrote, and as a law student which you're not, then you continue to write comment that, i don't know what i am contributing about without any counter motion argument so suggest that, my contribution lack facts in elements. But i don't mind what you wrote but it made me realize my argument is of a profound ground, otherwise back your ''subjected irrelevant comments made by me'' with pillars and case law, then i will definitely stop contributing. thanks. :D
I dont think i am a disgrace to blacks and muslim student, but Irish student that comes into examination hall with textbooks what are you telling me, you want more or charges in court for that aswell ?
by the sound of things you are an insult to any law student already. people don't want you here, nor do they want your comment. they're useless most of the time in anycase. get the message!!!
I dont know you so, am less bothered about what you say, But I thank my God for what, i have achieved so far in your white control education system, i guess you will be regretting to have let me, otherwise you could have framed it aswell, but if you don't want me here after 11 year please try it if you can ? :P :lol:

Or you want to give the community justice like they did with the convicted rioters like the one that stole my television with my hardly earn money and rings. talk to talking. :D

You that called people Arab in your court system God forbid, that's what i heard the last time i went to sort an order from Waterford court, even your education is full of intimidation by Irish police acting like student, you want me to spill the beans ? :D

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

malikscompany wrote:my cousin went to luton from kerry and said that there was no immgration control and he was looking for immigration officer to stamp his passport but nobody was there.

have someone recently been to Luton from Ireland? can someone please confirm that is there any kind of immigration control at luton airport ?? I have stamp 4 eufam, have been living legally since last 4 years in Ireland and now working too, my father in Law is very ill and doctors said that he does not have much time, I want to see him on any price so thinking to go to UK this week, I have outstanding deportation order from UK which is still valid so cant apply for visa.

i can trnsit without visa so might just transit for 24 hours to see him, any advice would be appreciated.

God Bless
You can travel to London with your spouse as you mentioned that you have EUFAM stamp but you do not require any visas to please Immigration officers in England (in theory) only the airline who will check your passport at Kerry airport. There is absolutely no checks at any English airports of visas for flights from Ireland as they classed as local flights (Belfast/Scotland/Jersey etc). The only immigration check you will face is coming back into Ireland at Irish airport.

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 am

IQU wrote:i think you should apply for tourist visa.you will get within 2 weeks.also please give them true details about yours offence current status etc....
I did apply for visa 2 years ago and embassy refused, they are so stupid. I have been married to my wife since 5 years and home office accepted our marriege but UK embassy dublin said that I married to gain ''re admision'' in UK, it does not even make any sence coz I married when I was in UK. its like they just want to put any objection.

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 am

fatty patty wrote:
malikscompany wrote:my cousin went to luton from kerry and said that there was no immgration control and he was looking for immigration officer to stamp his passport but nobody was there.

God Bless
You can travel to London with your spouse as you mentioned that you have EUFAM stamp but you do not require any visas to please Immigration officers in England (in theory) only the airline who will check your passport at Kerry airport. There is absolutely no checks at any English airports of visas for flights from Ireland as they classed as local flights (Belfast/Scotland/Jersey etc). The only immigration check you will face is coming back into Ireland at Irish airport.
there is no check for EU nationals, for example if you go to London Gatwick from Shannon or Cork Immigration take your boarding pass at Gatwick and they have a look at that, if you are EU citizen they dont ask anything coz it say on bording pass what nationality are you. if it sayd ''Visa Check '' then you have to go to a counter. I think its only Luton where there is no check

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:56 am

malikscompany wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

God Bless
there is no check for EU nationals, for example if you go to London Gatwick from Shannon or Cork Immigration take your boarding pass at Gatwick and they have a look at that, if you are EU citizen they dont ask anything coz it say on bording pass what nationality are you. if it sayd ''Visa Check '' then you have to go to a counter. I think its only Luton where there is no check
There are no immigration checks for flights from Ireland to UK once they arrive in UK malikscompany all the airport staff at UK ports are checking for is your origin on your boarding pass not your nationality status. Visa check is on Ryanair's boarding pass for non-eu citizens, they have to show/turn up at Ryanair visa desks to verify there visas before flying over. And its not just ryanair all airlines check visas before they let the passenger board the plane.

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:35 am

fatty patty wrote:
malikscompany wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

God Bless
There are no immigration checks for flights from Ireland to UK once they arrive in UK malikscompany all the airport staff at UK ports are checking for is your origin on your boarding pass not your nationality status. Visa check is on Ryanair's boarding pass for non-eu citizens, they have to show/turn up at Ryanair visa desks to verify there visas before flying over. And its not just ryanair all airlines check visas before they let the passenger board the plane.

What are you talking about in a common travel zone or area?
The last time i want to board a flight from Waterford airport, i was refused, Until i had to apply for British visa, even when i got it, i get very bored of flying there naturally and i was showed the list of countries excepted from visa requirement to fly to the u.k, so why are you people so persistent about checking between Ireland and U.k, why cant you create a border check between norther Ireland and southern Ireland, Dude ?

malikscompany

Post by malikscompany » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:53 pm

fatty patty wrote:
malikscompany wrote:
fatty patty wrote:

God Bless
thanks. I dont think I'll have problem getting in the plane from ireland. I dont want to go through Belfast coz it'll be illegal entry but from Irish airport is fine, mexmum they can do is refuse entry and send me back to ireland. am I right ??