ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

another spouse visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leeloo
Newly Registered

another spouse visa question

Post by leeloo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 am

Hi everyone.
I've a question about visa application.
I'm going to apply for a spouse settlement visa from my home country and I don't know what to write in the application about our relationship.

The story is - we've been together for 2,5 years, got married in June 2011, throughout all that time we had a long distance relationship.
We've met in February 2009 in Glasgow when I was on a visitors visa.
Next time I applied for the visitors visa and was given one in December 2009. When I applied for one I didn't say in my application I have friends/family in the UK, and to get a visa I've paid for a room in Eurohostel. I had my reasons then as I didn't know if our relationship is going to work or not, it was our 4th time together.
Another visa with no info about friends or family was in August 2010, back then I had my reason yet again, as he was going to get work exactly the same day as I was supposed to come over, and though he would have to work in a remote area and we won't be able to see each other I decided to come over and spend that time travelling by myself. I didn't want to attract attention from the visa officers (usually people suggest you don't speak about your british boyfriend unless it's a fiancee visa).

So as you see from the time we've met and started going out till the time I got visit for marriage visa I've been given visitors visa twice for which I never stated I've had friends or family in the UK.

When I was applying for the visit for marriage visa, obviously I've said I've friends - husband and his family, in the UK and visa was granted no probs.

So now in settlement application there are questions
- when did you first meet your sponsor?
- when did your relationship begin?

Should I be honest and explain everything in my covering letter for this application? Or should I set a different date for the beginning of our relationship?
If I choose the first one, wouldn't they ban me for 10 years for not giving relevant information before?

Hope to hear from you :)

PS another question says "Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage or civil partnership at any time (including since a wedding ceremony)? - would be travelling together concidered as this kind of relationship?
Last edited by leeloo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am

The easy part....travelling together is not 'living together'.

Regarding your main question...you've dug yourself into a hole with this one. Whichever way you look at it, (even if you now attempt to explain why you omitted to mention your boyfriend in your application), you submitted a false declaration.
You failed to mention your him in your visitor visa application last August, so when do you propose to say you met?

You need legal advice on this before you submit your application.

leeloo
Newly Registered

Post by leeloo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanx for your reply Casa.

We've met in February 2009, last time I was granted a visitors visa to the UK in August 2010, and went to the UK from 31.08.10 till 21.09.10, then from 21.12.10 till 16.01.11. Then my bf/husband came to Estonia in March, then Finland in April and shortly after that I applied for the special visitor: visit for marriage.
Could be, for instance we've met in Feb 2009, but our relationship began only in September 2010... It's normal to say you don't have friends or family in the UK once you've very lil information about your "friends". First time I've had no info about his address, he wasn't providing me with a covering letter or anything, so I was always booking hotels/flights myself...

But then again, he was visiting me in August 2009 and that was written in my parents applications when they were applying for visitors visas to attend our wedding (to prove that they really know him).

I know I've got myself to blame for that, but I've had my own reasons and quite sensble reasons for not providing info about him (first time I was pretty much sure it's our last time together, next time we also nearly broke up...).

Do you know good lawyers that you could recommend? Tbh I wouldn't like to have "full package" lawyer, as I believe a couple of consultations would be more than enough. :roll:

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:45 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

leeloo
Newly Registered

Post by leeloo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Cheers Vinny

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Leeloo, where do you hold citizenship?
I tell it like it is.

leeloo
Newly Registered

Post by leeloo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Elena, I'm from Russia.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 pm

leeloo wrote:Hi Elena, I'm from Russia.
Ah, Zdrasvoytee! :)

I was just checking because some countries have it easier than others but Russia is not one of them I'm afraid.

I too suggest that you see an advisor about this. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I tell it like it is.

leeloo
Newly Registered

Post by leeloo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi everyone :)

Wanted to update you all on my current situation.
I spoke with an immigration lawyer and found out that my concern about "possible deception" was not the worst thing lol
In fact, we've had more troubles with financial side as my husband's changed 3 jobs within 6-month period and he started his current job only in the beginning of August + he's had no savings/property + there were a couple of overdrafts in his recent bank statements.

So the lawyer advised me to:
- get 3d party support (my husband's dad was so kind to help us out)
- be honest about the relationship without emphasizing the fact I've had 2 visas without providing the UK Consulate with relevant info.

So all in all, here's the list of the documents I've submitted:

General
• letter from the lawyer
• Marriage Certificate + wedding photos
• Evidence of communication
o IP phone records
o Skype log
o Booking emails, tickets + photos

Sponsor
• Supporting letter
• Birth certificate
• Copy of a passport (+ copy of a page with a Russian visa)
• Employer’s letter + copy
• P60 + copy
• Tenancy agreement + copy
• Payslips + copy
• Bank statements + copy

Sponsor’s Father
• Supporting letter
• Bank statements + copy
• Payslips + copy
• Birth certificate
• P60 + copy
• Employer’s letter + copy
• Investment plan + copy

ME =) Applicant
• CV
• 2 bank references (savings account + credit card)
• documents on my car (vehicle certificate)
• employer's letter
• Form #2 PIT (that's an official document that confirms your income and tax)
• documents on the flat (I own a quarter of it)
• CAE certificate + Statement of results

Applied on 20 December 2011
Visa granted and collected from the visa centre on 18 January 2012
With all the winter holidays, it took them 16 working days to assess my application :)

Good luck to everyone! :wink: