ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of address

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Belucci
Newly Registered

Proof of address

Post by Belucci » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Dear All,

I'd like to get advice on the proof of address documents.

I want to enclose bank statments as my proof of address. However, I am missing some statments since I am using online banking. I called my bank and requested a letter confirming the date I opened my account and from which date the statments have been sent to my address (I haven't changed my address during the 5 years period)

Would that be sufficient as a proof of address?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, b.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:40 pm

What do you need the proof of address for? An ILR application? If so, under what category are you applying?

k1w1b0y
Newly Registered

Post by k1w1b0y » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm

... I think most banks will endorse account activity info from their online banking if you take hard-copies in to them. I did this for the most recent month prior to my PEO appointment (appointment was a few days before I usually received my statement in the mail - was dumb not considering this before I made my appointment).

Unfortunately given the main thread of your post, my printouts didn't include my postal address - just account numbers etc. Interestingly though, the issuing bank insisted on seeing my most recently posted statement before they'd endorse and stamp the printout.

Belucci
Newly Registered

Post by Belucci » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 pm

[quote="Casa"]What do you need the proof of address for? An ILR application? If so, under what category are you applying?[/quote]

I am EU national and I am appling for PR. I am filling in the EEA3 form. I have to enclose a proof of address document.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Don't you have any utility bills/council tax etc addressed to you?

Belucci
Newly Registered

Post by Belucci » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 pm

[quote="Casa"]Don't you have any utility bills/council tax etc addressed to you?[/quote]

no I don't. The bills are not on my name. I don't have a tenancy agreement either. It's on my friend's name. It's his house. I have to have bank statments as proof of my address. They don't clarify how many they need.