ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish association

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blanchards
Newly Registered

Irish association

Post by blanchards » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi All,

I was just wondering regarding naturalisation application on based of Irish association. If parents of Irish born child can apply after 3 years residency (on Work Permit) instead of 5 years, as Irish spouse can apply after 3 years on Irish association basis. and also if siblings of Irish Born child can also apply on same basis?

Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:50 pm

i dont think so because www.inis.gov.ie nothing mention about 3 years only irish spouse can apply after 3 years .any more suggestions lads

blanchards
Newly Registered

Post by blanchards » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:44 pm

IQU wrote:i dont think so because www.inis.gov.ie nothing mention about 3 years only irish spouse can apply after 3 years .any more suggestions lads

Thanks for reply IQU

I know it's not mentioned on the website, but Irish child is irish association as well as irish spouse. So should be same rule for both.

Any more suggestions please?

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm

You can get only Irish Citizenship through
1-Birth
2-Descent
3-Marriage
4-Naturalization
They used to give 18 years stamp 4 at the time of Birth of Irish Child but they stopped Issuing stamp 4 to Parents of Irish child since 18th or 19th Feb 2003. Then there was another Scheme in 2004 i-e IBC Scheme(Irish Born Child) according to that scheme they Granted Stamp4 to all parents of Irish Born Children for 2 years, and stopped issuing Passport or Birth Certificates to all the Children who born in Ireland. On and after 1st Jan 2005 only those children can have Irish Birth Certificate whose Parents or one of the Parents has 3 Years Reackonable Residence. They never Granted Irish Citizenship on base of Irish Child.
Your child can have Irish Citizenship on your base but you cannot have Citizenship on your child's base.
If this is the case which you are describing then after your Citizenship your Parents would be here and many mores...
You can check more information through following link.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... scent.html
PIKKA

bobby Ji
Newly Registered

irish association

Post by bobby Ji » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:30 pm

yes you can apply .. section 16 in citizenship legislation explained this point. association means your blood. its all depend on minister that he will wavie this condition or not. but definatly you can apply.

you write them a letter ....... they will send you form back.

PIKKA

Re: irish association

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 pm

bobby Ji wrote:yes you can apply .. section 16 in citizenship legislation explained this point. association means your blood. its all depend on minister that he will wavie this condition or not. but definatly you can apply.

you write them a letter ....... they will send you form back.
I don't think that blanchards situation matches the criteria of the Legislation, for clear view you can ask a solicitor. Anyway here is Section 16 of Citizenship
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1956/en/ ... c0016.html
PIKKA

bobby Ji
Newly Registered

Post by bobby Ji » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 pm

as far i understood blanchards is asking that if he/she have irish child can he/she apply for irish naturlisation ...... which in my opinion yes.

"Your child can have Irish Citizenship on your base but you cannot have Citizenship on your child's base.
If this is the case which you are describing then after your Citizenship your Parents would be here and many mores.."

According to your quote .... parents do apply citizenship on behalf of their irish child ,anyway they do get stamp 4 residency on behalf of them . so if the residency is on belh of child then i think citizenship is the same routs . And to your second line your parents can apply ..if they fullfil the conditon of reconable residency at three years then why not .....and as fa as i know most of the parents are here on visit visa or if they are settled here then already they may have their own residency or other route ....

in the end ..its my opinoin ..may be i m wrong .you can correct me ...

any comments plz ..

regards

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:11 pm

bobby Ji wrote: According to your quote .... parents do apply citizenship on behalf of their irish child ,anyway they do get stamp 4 residency on behalf of them .
I never said "parents do apply citizenship on behalf of their irish child". I said "they never granted Citizenship on base of Irish Child".

Secondly they granted Stamp4 to the Parents of Irish Born Children in 2004 to those who were born before 31st Dec. 2004. After that this Scheme is finished, No More Stamp4 to Parents of Irish Born Children.
bobby Ji wrote: if the residency is on belh of child then i think citizenship is the same routs.
There is a very BIG difference in Irish Citizenship and Residency.
bobby Ji wrote:as fa as i know most of the parents are here on visit visa or if they are settled here then already they may have their own residency or other route ....
regards
There are very few people who are here on visit visa. Mostly people are on Work Permit or working authorization Visa or Join Spouse Visa or Irish Spouse or Asylum Seeker. If according to your observation mostly people have their residency here then why there is no timeline tracking for them or why mostly people not applied after three years with their 3 years old Irish Born Child? There is a very large number of people who do not know this route You should start a campaign to inform them.
bobby Ji wrote: if they fullfil the conditon of reconable residency at three years then why not .....
INIS do not run the affairs according to our WISHES.
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:11 pm

i dont think so he is elible to apply for irish citizenship after 3 years on child behalf.good luck anyway please dont forget to share yours experience

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 pm

bobby Ji wrote: in the end ..its my opinoin ..may be i m wrong .you can correct me ...
any comments plz ..
regards
In Short words what do you think about Zambrano Case Ruling????????????
PIKKA

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Irish association

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:39 pm

blanchards wrote:Hi All,

I was just wondering regarding naturalisation application on based of Irish association. If parents of Irish born child can apply after 3 years residency (on Work Permit) instead of 5 years, as Irish spouse can apply after 3 years on Irish association basis. and also if siblings of Irish Born child can also apply on same basis?

Thanks
No on all fronts, but it may (now, with ECJ and a more liberal Minister, sort out rights of residency)

The difference in treatment is that at least the irish spouses of non irish citizens can in theory provide (financially) for the spouse. An Irish minor child can not ensure that their parent won't be financially self sufficient.

The Irish Association was, when the legislation was drafted (a court would revert to the historical purpose) to meet really exceptional cases like a relation of Parnell or some long time descendant. Invoking this provision now, would make Article 15 redundant. If the government wanted to do what you would like it to do, it would have amended the act.

However, it certainty should be filled in when making an application. No attitude is set in stone. But being allowed to skip the que two years early? I doubt it

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:59 pm

bobby Ji wrote:as far i understood blanchards is asking that if he/she have irish child can he/she apply for irish naturlisation ...... which in my opinion yes.

"Your child can have Irish Citizenship on your base but you cannot have Citizenship on your child's base.
If this is the case which you are describing then after your Citizenship your Parents would be here and many mores.."

According to your quote .... parents do apply citizenship on behalf of their irish child ,anyway they do get stamp 4 residency on behalf of them . so if the residency is on belh of child then i think citizenship is the same routs . And to your second line your parents can apply ..if they fullfil the conditon of reconable residency at three years then why not .....and as fa as i know most of the parents are here on visit visa or if they are settled here then already they may have their own residency or other route ....

in the end ..its my opinoin ..may be i m wrong .you can correct me ...

any comments plz ..

regards
There is nothing stopping anyone from applying before the 5 years. Its a case of whether they will succeed.(even with the discretion given to the Minister to waive some of the elements) I doubt even Shatter would allow this to happen unless in extreme situations (eg dying)

There is several reasons for taking the approach the State does.To be fair, you raise an interesting argument.

Your mixing up citizenship and residency

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 pm

PIKKA wrote:
bobby Ji wrote: in the end ..its my opinoin ..may be i m wrong .you can correct me ...
any comments plz ..
regards
In Short words what do you think about Zambrano Case Ruling????????????
What has Zambrano got to do with a state's decision to grant citizenship?