ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application and visitor visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Applicant

Naturalisation application and visitor visa

Post by ILR_Applicant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Hello Friends,

I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation in Mid of september 2011(based on 5yrs wp+tier1 + 1 yr ILR). Now my Query is my parents are trying to come to UK in November 2011.

1) Suppose during that time if my Naturalisation application is under consideration, still can I apply visitor visa to my parents based on my existing ILR?

2)What are my options if I get my naturalisation approval during same time in November that I want to apply visitor visa

Help is much appreciated..thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Why should your naturalisation application make any difference to your parents' visit applications?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shs213

Re: Naturalisation application and visitor visa

Post by shs213 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:36 pm

ILR_Applicant wrote:Hello Friends,

I am eligible to apply for my naturalisation in Mid of september 2011(based on 5yrs wp+tier1 + 1 yr ILR). Now my Query is my parents are trying to come to UK in November 2011.

1) Suppose during that time if my Naturalisation application is under consideration, still can I apply visitor visa to my parents based on my existing ILR?

2)What are my options if I get my naturalisation approval during same time in November that I want to apply visitor visa

Help is much appreciated..thanks
1) No big deal, in your invitation letter you can state your ILR visa numbers, copy of visa and also mention you are under going the naturalisation process - should have NO impact on sponsoring family...

2) It is recommended NOT to travel after you take you oath as a british citizen. So if your case is still with HO by that time; you are OK to apply for visa and travel on your current PP.