ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjidh

Applying in person

Post by sjidh » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi,

My visa expiring on 24th Oct 2011.
I wish to get direct appointment at Home Office Croydon.
Can I send my dependent for the appointment on behalf of me like normally we send the solicitors?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 pm

In normal situations, no.

Applications on behalf of other people
The public enquiry offices are for personal applicants only. However, in exceptional circumstances you can make an application on behalf of someone else if you are their husband, wife, sister, brother, parent or legal guardian. You must carry a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant.

sjidh

Post by sjidh » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks!

Can you please send me the reference from the UKBA website?

Thanks a lot!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 am

Google applying in person at a public enquiry office.

Here's another useful tip. If someone cites quoted text from an official source but has not provided a link (as I have done), you can drag>select the whole text (or part of it) and then right-click>search google for........ This will generally offer up links to where that text is located.