ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original WP missing- any solution

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manishchaudhry

Original WP missing- any solution

Post by manishchaudhry » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Hello everyone,

Both, me and my employer managed to misplace the my original work permit and can't even find any copy of it. And I need to apply for ILR in second week of november.

Any ideas?

Can I contact HO to get a copy of my original WP?

ksab

Post by ksab » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 am

You could try that, but if the employer states in the letter the date you started your employment that is proof right? Also do you have your payslips right from the start, to prove you were employed there?

If you contact the HO though they should be able to help.

Most people in the forum on a work permit weren't asked for it in their ILR interviews. The visa page on your passport should suffice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manishchaudhry

Post by manishchaudhry » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks guys