ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points Awarded

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madmax
Newly Registered

Points Awarded

Post by madmax » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:54 pm

This is a question for those of you who have received their approval letters. Mine is still in transit. How does one know how many points have been actually awarded. Not that it matters once the petititon is approved but it is always useful to know while helping someone else with their application. They don't seem to reveal this over the phone and I am told that the approval letter is quite generic - it says that the applicant has scored 65 or more points.
Can someone write back ?
Thanks.

hanybacha
Newly Registered

Post by hanybacha » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Madmax,

The letter actually explains what points are awarded for every section, against the ones you claimed, and also provides explanation if there are differences.
So do not worry about that ...

Regards,
Hany

Cool

Post by Cool » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:52 pm

hanybacha wrote:Madmax,

The letter actually explains what points are awarded for every section, against the ones you claimed, and also provides explanation if there are differences.
So do not worry about that ...

Regards,
Hany
Mine wasn't like that. Simply said I qualified and that to qualify, one needs to have scored at least 65points.

There was nothing about the number of points I actually scored or even the number of points I claimed.

I recall a post on this board that said that the number of points scored used to be communicated when the scheme was newly introduced but that was discontinued at some point later.

But I see no concern about actual score.
Last edited by Cool on Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:13 pm

I'm with Cool on my letter not saying anything about the points awarded, just that i needed 65 points and that i had been approved. Would be nice to know the breakdown, but in the end all that really matters is that it was approved.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:14 am

According to caseworker guidelines, once the applicant has scored 65 points, caseworker is not supposed to do any further assessment on other categories. For example you claimed 90 points in three categores, during assessment, caseworker realize that you have already scored 65 points in two categories then they may not assess points claimed in third category, since you have already met the qualification criteria. That is why they do not tell how many points are awarded in each category. They only tell this when the case is refused.