ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4eufam and wpp1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mirzhar

4eufam and wpp1

Post by mirzhar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:26 am

Hi every one

I am starting a wpp1 (grad) today with one of govt department . i was wondering can i claim any benefit as my wife is looking after baby after maternity leave she has not join the company yet as we have no one to look after our baby and creche is so expensive . My boy is only 8 months old

And if i do apply for any benefit then would it effect on naturalization?

benefit like family income support? rent supplement ? job seeker allowance ? or is there any other ?

thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:25 pm

when you going to apply for citizenship? if your are not getting benefit its fine.make sure you have 5 years yours p60.they dont have to check your wife welfare record.they only have to check your pps number.good luck anyway

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:17 pm

What is the citizenship of your wife? Was she working immediately before the baby came?

What is WPP?

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks IQU and directive

My wife is British and Son has Irish Passort since baby is born she only work one week till now

we are thinking to arrange baby sitter or creche or i quit from wpp and look after baby which i think is not fair and good for me

and if she sit home and look after baby then one of eufam requirement is that my wife should be exercising her Treaty rights by working, studying or looking for job

am i right ? if not pls correct me thanks

mirzhar

directive

Post by mirzhar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 am

WPP1 is work placement a govt new scheme to put people back to work

koded

Post by koded » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:15 pm

I was in your situation, I decided to take care of my son as my wife got a job in order to be exercising the treaty rights. I was also able to combine work experience (part time) and taking care of my son. We got a part time baby sitter since we are still on waiting list in a community creches.
While on work experience I got a paid job for full time and we still have our baby sitter.
Honestly, it is expensive but I just decided to pay off all my monthly salary on babysitting until we will be able to get a place in a community creche.
We are not on benefit. We did applied for FIS but no decision on that yet. Don't even know if they will approve since I have a paid job which disqualify us from the FIS requirements.
So I may advise that your wife get a job while you take care of your son and you can as well reach an agreement with your employer (WPP1) to see if they can accept you for part time.
Good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Was your wife working immediately prior to the baby arriving?

You should know that your wife could also be self-sufficient, based in part on your earnings. So that is another option.