ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

canon123
Member of Standing

Tier1 Dependant

Post by canon123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Members,

Could you please advise on below questions on tier1 dep app form

7.2 Are you accompanying the main applicant or joining
him/her later?

I am going to India next month to get married, I will apply visa 3-4 days after marriage (I am on tier1 expiring Feb 2013)

7.14 What job or course of study is the main applicant doing in
the UK?

I am a IT Contractor and my contract finishes end of this month (they might extend or not)

7.16 Name and address of the company or place of study, including the postal code.

As specified above I will be finishing the contract this month and going to India to get married

7.17 Name and telephone number of main contact in the company or place of study, including area code

my answer again same as above (what should i do)

7.18 When did/will the main applicant’s job or course >>>>>>
of study begin?

My present contract started 3 months ago

7.19 When is the job or course of study expected to finish?

Basically I will not be in employment at the time of application

Please advise me on what should I write in the app form, thanks a lot

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:05 am

You have to examine why perhaps no-one has responded. You are asking for seniors to respond apparently to the exclusion of all others. I (and others) could quite easily respond to this but we may not be considered senior members and may not have commented on that basis. It's a question of what you find acceptable. Would you like a response from someone with a senior status garnered merely by posting 'good luck' together with a 'thumbs up' emoticon, in random threads for the requisite 2000 times, or would you prefer a response from someone who has posted only 10 times but actually knows what they are talking about and has knowledge of immigration matters? The positive aspect of an open forum is that absolutely anyone can post and if that information is not correct it can be challenged and corrected.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 am

The simple reason for nobody responding is because nobody can tell you "what to put on the application". Write the truth.

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Just write.. self employed, you are not in contract, but you still working as a self employed

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: re

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:33 pm

askhan wrote:Just write.. self employed, you are not in contract, but you still working as a self employed
That's an assumption, in absence of any information from OP regarding how he operates as a contractor. e.g. - as a self-employed person or as an employee of an umbrella company or ....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:38 pm

canon123 wrote:Basically I will not be in employment at the time of application

Please advise me on what should I write in the app form, thanks a lot
What else but the truth! Are you asking others - senior members or otherwise - to give you suggestions to lie / deceive?

Do you operate as a self-employed contractor (e.g. - under a limited company or a sole proprietor)?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 am

I am not self employed. Got a ltd comp

who is asking what boss, go and get some fresh air

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:52 am

give some good suggestions if you can and there is no reason why not to ask these type of questions. I explained my situation, if you can help please feel free to do so by answering my questions.

this forum is about sharing the ideas and knowledge people got.

I gained good knowledge from this forum and really appriciate all the help you provided so far.

Keep up the good work and answer the questions if you got knowledge and time. Dont start shouting at people becoz you are zzzz

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 pm

canon123 wrote:Basically I will not be in employment at the time of application
Responses are based on the information provided / statements made when asking responses. If you state that you'll not be in employment at the time of application and ask people for "ideas", then this is not allowed as this forum does not allow discussion / advice that is illegal.

And you cannot blame others for your lack of understanding about your own employment status. Assuming you are a director of the limited company:

Your statement above is factually wrong if you operate as a director of the limited company - unless you intend to close your limited company or fire yourself as a director before the immigration application is made. Otherwise, you'll still be "employed" at the time of the application.

Basic fundamental - You are employed by the limited company, not your clients (for whom you do "contract" work on behalf of (your) limited company).
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for your clarification sushdmehta.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 pm

canon123 wrote:please advise on the below issue:

I came to UK in Jan 2005 on student visa and now I am on Tier1 general since Feb 2010 (went to India for 7 times so far). Recently I went in September for a week and in May for 4 weeks.

Now I am planning to apply visa for my wife in Jan2012.

How much maintenance do i need to show. (800+533)??

Do we need to be in UK at a stretch for 12 months in order to show £1333??

Please advise, this board helped me and my friends a lot. Thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:31 pm

canon123 wrote:Is it mandatory to show salary slips for tier1 dependant, Has anyone got the visa without showing the salary slips.

I am on Tier1 general living in UK from Feb 2010, been to India 3 times since then. How much money do I need to show as maintenance. Is it 533 or 1333

If the main tier1 holder isnt working at the time of applying dependant visa for his wife, will the dependant visa be rejected, If this is the case do we need to show more money in the bank account around 3000 or something to prove that we are financially OK to support the family

Please give advise, thanks in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Searching for information already available will help you get the answers sooner.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi Sushdmehta,

Thanks for your reply. My doubts were

1. Was Tier1 general holder supposed to be in UK continuously for 12 months in order to be eligible to show £533 (I mean what happens if a person goes to India for 2-3 months in last 12 months and come back)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Temporary absences (e.g. - holidays / business trips) do not affect the "residency period". So if you have been resident in the UK for 12 months or more, then your business trips / holidays abroad don't change that ... and therefore, your spouse needs to show evidence of 533 pounds.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 pm

In my case

I got visa converted from PSW to Tier1 General in Feb 2010

April 2010 - India for 5 weeks
May 2011 - India for 5 weeks
Sept 2011 - India for 1 week

Am I still eligible to show £533?
Do I need to show 800 as well even if I am not applying?
Do we need payslips, I have seen lot of people applying with payslips, Is it mandatory?

Thanks SushDMehta

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:24 pm

canon123 wrote:Am I still eligible to show £533?
Yes.
canon123 wrote:Do I need to show 800 as well even if I am not applying?
Do we need payslips, I have seen lot of people applying with payslips, Is it mandatory?
Click on the text "already available" in my response above.

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Salary slips are not a required document for Tier1-Dependent, Infact you do not require to be employed while your dependent is applying for a Visa,

However, if possible, it is a good practise to show in the supporting evidences,
(1) Your most recent salary slips (for atleast three months)
(2) Additional funds say £1000 + pounds [Clearly mention, this is only for additional funds and the funds for maintanence is shown in another account]
(3) Proof of accomodation such as Mortgage summary or Tenancy agreement (No objection letter from the landlord for including additional tenant)
(4) Full covering letter from the applicant and the sponser (yourself) and feel free to highlight any neccessary point you need to raise to the case workers attention

[P.S. My advise is to fill the applications with all genuine informations, and never hide or lie any details that could harm you in Admistrative review or appeal (if needs to challenged)]

We will pray for your success
Last edited by teddy0409 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Not We, Then Who?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 pm

No, I have said this many times before - why do you want to provide information or documentary evidence which is not necessary? All you will do is to confuse the person working on your case which could potentially delay a decision or worst-case result in getting the wrong decision on an application.

People keep complaining about incorrect decisions being reached when applicants clearly comply, but by muddling your application with stuff that is not required, you create confusion and waste time. This is an example of what happens when people send in documents which are not required. Clearly it is an incorrect decision, but it's an easy mistake to make, because case workers don't look at only one application a day.

Keep it simple and stick to what is required - don't add unnecessary stuff to your application unless there is a really good reason for it (saying that someone else did it and had their application approved is not a good reason).

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am

canon123 wrote:I m applying for dep visa to my wife

Can i show £800 in my bank a/c as my maintenance for the past 3months
and show the remaining £533 in her a/c for the last 3months..

She is got an Axis bank joint a/c with her mother.. Can we still show that she maintanins £533 in her acc and I here maintain £800 for the last 3 months..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:09 pm

canon123 wrote:My owner is about to give me a tenancy agreement, I am about to apply dependant visa for my wife. Do I need to include her in the agreement. Do I need to take any other NOC letter from the landlord.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:11 pm

canon123 wrote:My owner is about to give me a tenancy agreement, I am about to apply dependant visa for my wife. Do I need to include her in the agreement.
You may, if you wish to.
canon123 wrote:Do I need to take any other NOC letter from the landlord.
Not necessary unless the tenancy agreement includes a clause to the effect that "only named individuals / tenants are allowed to stay in the property".

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Please provide a format for NOC letter to accomodate wife

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I m a IT Contractor working through my LTD company. Filling in dependant form. what should i be:
1. Employed
2. Self employed

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Read the responses given in this topic (that you have created) from the beginning and you'll know the answer.