ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help with complicated case thanks

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nomi123
Newly Registered

Need urgent help with complicated case thanks

Post by nomi123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:30 pm

hi
Last edited by nomi123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:03 pm

you need to apply for an EEA family permit from the British embassy in your country.

your application might go smoothly because you have kids together, so no more suspicions of shame marriage...and documents you need are stated in ukba website just google it.

your financial situation is irrelevant in this case,everything depends on your wife and her treaty rights exercing..... doesnt matter if your wife works part time or full time, you should be fine

i dont know if you can apply as unmarried partners, but applying while married is much more easier.

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 pm

amazighman wrote:you need to apply for an EEA family permit from the British embassy in your country.

your application might go smoothly because you have kids together, so no more suspicions of shame marriage...and documents you need are stated in ukba website just google it.

your financial situation is irrelevant in this case,everything depends on your wife and her treaty rights exercing..... doesnt matter if your wife works part time or full time, you should be fine
Only problem is I think they are not married yet and he doesn't birth certificate(as father) or marriage certificate..

Would you mind If i would ask they you guys didn't write your children birth certificate your name as father?

nomi123
Newly Registered

Post by nomi123 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 pm

thanks
Last edited by nomi123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 am

STLewis wrote:Hi there,

It might be helpful if you could advise which country you are from. Also are you legally married, since you refer to your wife, but then ask further on in your post about getting legally married?

Also when did you return to your home country, and how often do your wife and children visit you?
Casa wrote:This may help to understand the background and the advice given by Frontier Mole in 2008. Although at the time the wife was Dutch, not German and there was no mention of children. The overstay was in Holland, not in the UK on a visitor visa and the OP was caring for the children in Holland after his wife moved
to the UK. In March the children were 7 and 10, now they're baby girls. Therein the 3 threads lays the truth...somewhere. 

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#167272
Frontier Mole wrote:EEA treaty rights can only be exercised when the required criteria are being met. If your Dutch wife is not presently working in the UK then she can not exercise her worker rights in regards EEA family permit. 

However there are other ways - "self sufficient" under the treaty is one way, not very common and causes all sorts of hassle when trying to get EEA Family Permit. 

See caseworker guidance - which is easier to understand than the law.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

My advice is for your wife to get a job, any type of paid employment.
UK is not short of jobs, does not matter if it is a fast food joint, retail, catering any low end role just to get employment. Does not matter how particularly well paid it is either. It is the easiest way to exercise treaty right.

EEA application does not need a lawyer, good or not! Meet the criteria and fill in the paperwork, which is not difficult, supply the evidence and wait....& wait... 6 months is the legal max timescale for EEA residence to be issued.

Guidance notes for EEA family permit application see link below 
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... f5guidance
nomi123 wrote:
Casa wrote:This may help to understand the background and the advice given by Frontier Mole in 2008. Although at the time the wife was Dutch, not German and there was no mention of children. The overstay was in Holland, not in the UK on a visitor visa and the OP was caring for the children in Holland after his wife moved
to the UK. In March the children were 7 and 10, now they're baby girls. Therein the 3 threads lays the truth...somewhere. 

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#167272
thanks for your help the issue is only family reunion yes my wife is eea national living in uk we have two kids together  just little scared to disclosed all the info or may be i wanna keep some privacy anyway thanks for your help i hope one day i,ll be with my family :)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nomi123
Newly Registered

Post by nomi123 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:01 am

thanks
Last edited by nomi123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:06 pm

in this case i think it will be hard to apply as unmarried partners, so, if you can just get married, that will make things much more easier.

nomi123
Newly Registered

Post by nomi123 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:54 pm

thanks
Last edited by nomi123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

amazighman

Post by amazighman » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:48 am

it is enough to show that your wife is exercing her treaty rights, by providing her payslips,at least 3 last ones,letter from employer, work contract .. well, if you can show bank statement of the last 3 months that ll be perfect,there is no speciefied saving amount that u sould have inorder to apply,

read this for more details.. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/ ...wishing you best of luck

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Perhaps you or your wife should go to the relevant registry to registar your name as the father and get a new birth certificate.

Getting married makes think a lot easier as others suggested but I believe you've still got a good chance because you got children together.

I wish you all the best.
[Moderator Edit]

nomi123
Newly Registered

Post by nomi123 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 pm

thanks
Last edited by nomi123 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:39 pm

I agree that the mother of your children should ideally go and amend the birth certificates to include the name of the father.

nomi123
Newly Registered

Post by nomi123 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

thanks for you time Directive/2004/38/EC
Guru