ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer changed name slightly - will this affect ILR??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

veedub
Newly Registered

employer changed name slightly - will this affect ILR??

Post by veedub » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:15 am

Earlier this year my employer changed its name from X Home Group to X Home Association. We also have a new logo but apart from those two things everything is the same.

I looked into the technical changes for employment and it mentioned change of name or rebranding. I went to HR about it, who supposedly looked into it and said it was not a problem, no one needed to do anything. I'm fast losing confidence in our HR department due to other difficulties..

My work permit says X Home Group, but the letters I get from HR will say X Home Association. Is this going to cause a problem at the PEO??????????

My ILR appointment is for the 1st of September. I'm now worried about THIS!

Thanking you in advance for any advice!

ksab

Post by ksab » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:52 am

Can you get a letter from your employer confirming the name change, date of change, whilst stating that your job title and description remain the same?

baldude

Post by baldude » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:09 am

i had similar problem. when i joined the company it was called X and after a year from I joined them they changed their name to Y. Initially X had their own HR department and payslips used to come from them. but after they changed name to Y the HR was over taken by mother company Z. the result.
Pay slips come from company name Z, while in the bank reference they still show up as company X (3 yrs after they changed the company name to Y). but in reality i work for company Y which is neither mentioned in payslips nor in salary refernece in bank account.

all i did was asked my HR to include a letter stating this

" so and so works for Y who was formally known as X which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Z"

simples.
I had my ILR granted last month and there were no questions of whatsoever regarding that.

hope this helps.

veedub
Newly Registered

Post by veedub » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

Thank you all.

Baldude - in my case it would be company Z that had made the alteration to their name. Would this make it a different case i wonder...

I will ask HR to add a line in the letter explaining their name change.

better safe than sorry!

Thanks again :)