ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going for the Interview.

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bradJ
Newly Registered

Going for the Interview.

Post by bradJ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 am

Well ive managed to secure an interview (yay) with a company in cambridge... Im almost certain I will get the position... im almost overqualified for it.

The questions.

1. If i do suceed.. how long does it take for the application to be processed. (work permit)
2. Is it best to do it yourself or to do it through a lawyer? Ive been quoted £800!! which is rather expensive.
3. Is it best to rewrite your CV to match the job description exactly.
4. Do they require original copies of references.
5. Do personal character references help.

Brad

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:56 am

What sort of job is it?

Its only the employer who can apply for a workpermit..

Being over qualified is not necessarily good! :wink:
Where there is a will there is a way.

bradJ
Newly Registered

Post by bradJ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:48 pm

Implimentation/Support/Consultant... for a web software developement company... I am CCNA qualified...

Im aware its only the employer who can apply for the work permit... but there are lawyers/immigration services that can help in the process... i dont know if it helps smooth anything...

Chess wrote:What sort of job is it?

Its only the employer who can apply for a workpermit..

Being over qualified is not necessarily good! :wink:

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Going for the Interview.

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:08 pm

You can not apply work permit by yourself. Your lawyer can not do it either. Your employer need to apply for you once they decide to employ you and it is up to them whether they want to use lawyer or they do it themselves.

If it is multi national company and the job is a highly skilled job, it is just a matter of days you will get work permit.

Pantaiema

Good luck with you work permir application
bradJ wrote:Well ive managed to secure an interview (yay) with a company in cambridge... Im almost certain I will get the position... im almost overqualified for it.

The questions.

1. If i do suceed.. how long does it take for the application to be processed. (work permit)
2. Is it best to do it yourself or to do it through a lawyer? Ive been quoted £800!! which is rather expensive.
3. Is it best to rewrite your CV to match the job description exactly.
4. Do they require original copies of references.
5. Do personal character references help.

Brad

VinLopez
Newly Registered

Re: Going for the Interview.

Post by VinLopez » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:00 pm

bradJ wrote: The questions.

2 weeks
bradJ wrote: 2. Is it best to do it yourself or to do it through a lawyer? Ive been quoted £800!! which is rather expensive.
The employer should do it and should never charge you for it.
bradJ wrote: 3. Is it best to rewrite your CV to match the job description exactly.
Rewrite it. But do not attempt an exact match.
bradJ wrote: 4. Do they require original copies of references.
Yes
bradJ wrote: 5. Do personal character references help.
No
bradJ wrote: Brad