ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test, savings, partner and sponsor time relation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faust
Newly Registered

English test, savings, partner and sponsor time relation

Post by faust » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 am

I do find the info regard the English test requirement very confusing at the moment. Only a Lawyer can understand ! It is behind my limits ! It Is also incredible and unfair that people in Russia that would like to apply for a visa must pass a Ket test from Cambridge of English that ONLY 2 TIMES per year are available . ! Never the less a lot of people from Europe are entering UK without speaking a single word of English.!
The other major problem is also that in the visa application i doesn't specify how long you have to known your partner before you apply for a the visa , it also don't say how much money the applicant or sponsor must have in savings, my guess is the same in say : how long is a piece of string ! How much money is enough !for most People with millions of pounds in savings this in not enough ! I don't know how much millions a sponsor must have !!
Applicant should be well made aware before they submit a visa application of the total requirement , but at the moment this is not so !!

Therefore application can be easily turned down !
Unless of couse you are a lottery winner of Millions !

Does anyone know ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Regarding the length of relationship, the requirement is that you have both met. However, it is up to you to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that your relationship is genuine and that you intend to live together once your spouse is in the UK. Obviously, the answer about how long you have know each other will the truth...not what you think they want to read, as you will have to support this statement with proof of contact, telephone calls, visits, photos etc covering the period you have known each other.
There is no minimum amount of savings. In fact, if your income is sufficient to support you both, then it won't be necessary to have savings at all.
You will need to show that after paying rent or mortgage, council tax and any loan/credit repayment, you will have a minimum remaining weekly of
£105.95 for you both. If you have children you would need an additional weekly amount of £62.33 for each child.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:18 am

You sent me 2 PM's. I prefer to continue in the open forum which enables others with experience to contribute. You seem to suggest in your PM that you have already been refused a spouse visa for your wife and are awaiting an appeal. Is this correct? If so, it's impossible to advise you unless you post the reason for the refusal, which it appears is at least partly due to the pre-entry English requirement not being met. However, you also mention savings not being taken into consideration.
What does the refusal say exactly?