ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

While waiting for British Passport , Can I use old passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soulfullness

While waiting for British Passport , Can I use old passport

Post by soulfullness » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi
I am going to get my naturalisation soon , But I want to go abroad and come back using my old passport after naturalisation but before applyiing for British Passport or after applying for BritishPassport but before getting it to my hand.

Is it OK?

Thank you all

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 am

Yes it is OK. As before naturalization you are not british citizen and bound to use passport issued by your own country.

Even after getting british passport you can travel on your old passport as long it has a valid visa, which is, I am sure is, ILR so no limit on traveling using that old passport.
The question is... to be or not to be....

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:21 am

Even after getting british passport you can travel on your old passport as long it has a valid visa, which is, I am sure is, ILR so no limit on traveling using that old passport
You can travel on your old passport only if the country which issued the passport allows dual citizenship. If it does not allow so, then your passport becomes invalid. ILR becomes invalid as soon as you acquire British Citizen.