ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement or not.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faru22
BANNED

settlement or not.

Post by faru22 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi guys,
i m a quite reader of this forum,just wanted to know whats all the confusion about tier 1 general settlement?i mean i will apply for ILR next year.
so in case this consultation results into a ban on settlement for existing tier 1 visa holders,so what next ,i mean i will have to just leave my job and go back to my home country?
i am seriously worried now.should i search for jobs in my home country?i mean this is crazy since after so many years of coming here,paying taxes we cm to know that we cant settle down.

please some seniors advice

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: settlement or not.

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 pm

faru22 wrote:Hi guys,
i m a quite reader of this forum,just wanted to know whats all the confusion about tier 1 general settlement?i mean i will apply for ILR next year.
so in case this consultation results into a ban on settlement for existing tier 1 visa holders,so what next ,i mean i will have to just leave my job and go back to my home country?
i am seriously worried now.should i search for jobs in my home country?i mean this is crazy since after so many years of coming here,paying taxes we cm to know that we cant settle down.

please some seniors advice
It is highly unlikely that it would be applied on the old T1G applicants. I am sure you should be OK with your ILR if you meet all other requirements. Even if rules change there should be a transitional arrangement for you guys.