ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

together365
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility

Post by together365 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi

Thanks in advance for reading my query and any replies will be much appreciated.

I am trying to apply for ILR but I am not very sure if I satisfy the criteria for the ILR. I am seeking advise on whether or not to proceed with ILR processing.

I am on WP (tier 2) with active status. I have entered UK and working on WP since 24-July-2005. Following are the dates and duration for which I was away from UK and wrking in India. During this period I was not paid in UK but part of same employer (WP sponsored) and working for same customer in UK.

Trip-1: Starting Date: 24-July-2005 End Date: 19-Sep-2006 (15 months) in UK
I was working in INDIA from 20-Sep-2006 until 31-Mar-2007 (6 months). Not paid in UK but with active WP.
Trip-2: Starting Date: 01-Apr-2009 End Date: 08-feb-2009 (22 months) in UK
I was working in INDIA from 09-Feb-2009 until 07-Oct-2009 (8 months). Not paid in UK but with active WP.
Trip-3: Starting Date: 08-Oct-2009 End Date: Current Date (24 months) in UK.

In total I have spent 5 years in UK but not continuously and the overall elapse time was 6 years.

I am not very sure whether I am eligible to apply for ILR (Settlement) and after going through various forums and rules online, I am more confused.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR eligibility

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 pm

together365 wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance for reading my query and any replies will be much appreciated.

I am trying to apply for ILR but I am not very sure if I satisfy the criteria for the ILR. I am seeking advise on whether or not to proceed with ILR processing.

I am on WP (tier 2) with active status. I have entered UK and working on WP since 24-July-2005. Following are the dates and duration for which I was away from UK and wrking in India. During this period I was not paid in UK but part of same employer (WP sponsored) and working for same customer in UK.

Trip-1: Starting Date: 24-July-2005 End Date: 19-Sep-2006 (15 months) in UK
I was working in INDIA from 20-Sep-2006 until 31-Mar-2007 (6 months). Not paid in UK but with active WP.
Trip-2: Starting Date: 01-Apr-2009 End Date: 08-feb-2009 (22 months) in UK
I was working in INDIA from 09-Feb-2009 until 07-Oct-2009 (8 months). Not paid in UK but with active WP.
Trip-3: Starting Date: 08-Oct-2009 End Date: Current Date (24 months) in UK.

In total I have spent 5 years in UK but not continuously and the overall elapse time was 6 years.

I am not very sure whether I am eligible to apply for ILR (Settlement) and after going through various forums and rules online, I am more confused.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Since you have spent over 90 days outside UK on 2 occassions and not paid in UK its would be very difficult to get ILR. Were you employed by the same UK company when you were in India or a different company. I am not sure how could your employer support your case if it is one employer, my advice would be to consult a good immigration lawyer.

together365
Newly Registered

Post by together365 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks for quick response. I am working for a UK company through an Indian Company. When I was in India was working for same UK company but not paid in UK since my employment is actually withan Indian Company.

I would like try immigration lawyer to see if I can process my case? Any reference?